Job title: Veeam Backup for Linux Engineer
Job description: Company Description
Veeam is a leading provider of backup and recovery software for virtual, physical and cloud environments.
Different Veeam departments take care of every phase of the solution life cycle: development and testing, implementation through an extensive partner network, and technical support in multiple languages.
Veeam builds products to meet complex backup and data management challenges. We work with VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV virtualization; Windows, Linux and Unix physical systems; Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle and SAP HANA servers; Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud public clouds; and many other technologies that form the core of modern IT.
Technical Customer Support is our customers’ “hotline.” This is a department that has revolutionized the way we think about technical support. They face the challenging reality of one-on-one support and leave our customers with a positive impression, providing invaluable feedback to developers and testers.
We are now looking for Veeam Backup for Linux Engineer.
Your tasks will include:
- Responsible for handling new cases according to the Veeam Service Level Agreement (SLA); providing initial support, diagnosing problems and determining the need for escalation;
- Fortify client relationships focused on 100% customer satisfaction;
- Document all customer interactions (emails, calls, etc.) accurately and within SLA in our CRM tool;
- Ensure proper and consistent communication of issue status to customers, sales representatives and senior engineers;
- Perform troubleshooting and analysis, including log file investigation.
What we expect from you:
- Fluent English (reading/writing/speaking);
- System administration skills;
- Strong TCP/IP knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based OS (booting, initialization systems, package management, kernel modules management, process management, OS monitoring, storage management, filesystems, networking, tools);
- Experience in installing, configuring, and maintaining services on Linux-based OS;
- Familiarity with Nutanix AHV hypervisor and related technologies (Prism interface, REST API explorer, aCLI, nCLI, ADFS concepts, KVM technology, NCC). Experience with VMware, Hyper-V will be a plus;
- Familiarity with Oracle database concepts (11g, 12c, and 18c, Windows and Linux implementations);
- Familiarity with Oracle RMAN tool and ability to use this tool for database backup and recovery;
- Familiarity with Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) concepts;
- Familiarity with SAP HANA database concepts;
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Familiarity with security concepts (firewalls, access control (SELinux, AppArmor));
- Experience with UNIX (BSD, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX) will be a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and explain technical information;
- Ability and desire to take ownership of client issues through resolution;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people.
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium healthcare program for you and your children, sick days, additional payments for sick leave, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract.
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan – an additional annual budget that you can spend on a variety of benefits such as travel, sport, wellness, education and many more.
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism.
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, English & Czech classes, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library
- Work permit assistance.
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: a one-time additional salary payment (only within Czech Republic).
Please note: If the applicant is permanently present outside of the Czech Republic, Veeam reserves the right to refuse to consider the application for a job
Job date: Sat, 14 May 2022 22:43:31 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net