Job title: Team Leader – Stewarding / Supervisor Afwas
Company: Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht
Job description: Description:
Andaz means, „personal style“ in Hindi. Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht means, five-star creative luxury in the heart of Amsterdam, expressed through local experiences, art & design and picture-perfect drinking and dining, in a playful Dutch-inspired environment.
Do you feel intrigued already?
Because we are looking for a Stewarding Team Leader!
- A leader and a centipede;
- A natural motivator with a good portion of personality;
- Enthusiasm and a hands-on mentality;
- Ability to ensure efficiency in the back of house department;
- Desire to work closely with all Food & Beverage colleagues to support their needs.
What does the ROLE entail?
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the stewarding department;
- Scheduling stewards, taking business levels and cleaning needs into consideration;
- Performing weekly chemical inventory and placing orders based on the chemical par stocks;
- Producing action plans for the F&B and Culinary departments based on the latest HACCP results;
- Maintaining the par stocks for all operating equipment through monthly stock counts;
- Assisting in leading HACCP inspections from Bureau de Witt;
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained in optimal working conditions adhering to HACCP standards;
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the outlet kitchens and equipment through routinely cleaning schedules, daily spot checks and continuous reporting of sub-standard cleaning;
- Ensuring that the F&B back of house areas are kept clean and organized;
- Liaising with garbage collection services to ensure containers are emptied as scheduled;
- Communicating and enforcing proper garbage separation and recycling procedures to colleagues;
- Training stewards on proper handling and maintenance of equipment such as polishing machines, dishwashers and other relevant equipment;
- Ensuring tableware, chinaware, glassware, and silverware are washed and cleaned in an optimal way, including scheduled deep cleaning of such;
- Liaising with night cleaning contractors to ensure proper cleaning of all F&B and Culinary areas;
- Liaising with Engineering department for repairs of machinery and kitchen appliances;
- Contributing to the smooth operation of the staff canteen by ordering supplies and ensuring its general cleanliness;
What’s in it for YOU?
- A great place to work in lovely Amsterdam center. In the middle of the iconic Prinsengracht canal.
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets and special discounts at our Spa
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
- 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt’s wellbeing assessment tool „Hyatt Well-Check“
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
- Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues. From E-Learnings to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (Example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose – we care for people so they can be their best – and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
- An International team of over 15 different nationalities
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshop and classroom trainings.
- Previous experience in F&B service, kitchen or stewarding;
- Encouraging, motivating and reassuring;
- A relevant degree, preferably in Facility Management, or equivalent experience;
- An eye for detail;
- Great language and communication skills in English and, preferably, in Dutch as well;
- Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Does the above describe you, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
If the answer is YES, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:21:12 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net