Job title: Team leader – Housekeeping
Job description: Description:
Five-star Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, brings botany & sustainability to life with an award-winning living interior, botanical inspired guestrooms, a passion for discovering our up and coming East neighborhood and a buzzing Indonesian Restaurant, Mama Makan.
Are you ready?
Because we are looking for a Housekeeping Team Leader!
- A junior leader (not by age, but by experience);
- A natural motivator and go-to person for the entire Housekeeping team;
- A problem-solver with a hands-on mentality;
- Someone with an eye for detail, always looking for new ways to enhance the guests’ stay;
- Someone who is able to juggle daily operations, projects and administration – all in a day!
What does the ROLE entail?
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of the Housekeeping team;
- Ensuring team delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times;
- Examining all guest rooms, to ensure they are cleaned in accordance to the hotel’s standards;
- Ensuring all linens are handled and processed according to their priority and standards;
- Conducting briefings on room occupancy, daily events, and special attention that may be needed;
- Maximizing employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling, to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests;
- Overseeing the punctuality and appearance of the team, ensuring they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, as per Hotel’s standards;
- Maximizing the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring;
What’s in it for YOU?
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets;
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
- Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
- 25 Vacation days
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
- Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshops and classroom trainings
- 1+ years’ experience in a Leadership role within a Hotel’s Housekeeping team, being used to and comfortable with leading shifts, inspecting rooms and handling administrative tasks;
- Very familiar with the Housekeeping department, having relevant experience and knowledge for the position, and the ability to onboard and train new colleagues;
- Good communication skills in English, and preferably in Dutch as well;
- A relevant degree in Hospitality or Tourism, or equivalent on-the-job training;
- A flexible schedule, able to adjust your time as needed to cover shifts;
- Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Are WE what YOU are looking for?
If the answer is YES, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for!
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 01:51:49 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net