Job title: Software Engineering Manager – Intelligrated Projects Team – Brno
Job description: We are currently looking for a new colleague for a Software Engineering Manager role for our HONEYWELL INTELLIGRATED Projects team in Brno.
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment efficiency for retailers, manufacturers, and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, warehouse execution system software, services and support, our solutions give businesses a driven edge in increasingly sophisticated commerce and fulfillment environments.
What your future role will look like?
At Honeywell Intelligrated Brno you will be a part of our growing team! This is also an exciting opportunity to join our broader Project Software Engineering team based at our company headquarters in Mason, Ohio.
Your future team, SCADA (Supervisory control and data acquisition) team, is responsible for the design and deployment of HMIs and backend data handling for material handling equipment and production metrics. The SCADA Team is also performing a variety of product engineering work to develop the appropriate automation and productivity tools, used during the development and commissioning phases.
You will attend and organize meetings daily with customers and co-workers located over the globe in Mexico, USA, Europe and India.
You will challenge the status-quo and build a great team for today and tomorrow!
Your Key responsibilities
- Supervise a technical team of approx. 10x Software engineers responsible for the proper development and deployment of SCADA application for Honeywell’s material handling products at customer sites.
- Organize business trips, recruitment, commissioning, onboarding, ordering of personal protection equipment, work permit and more.
- Responsible for following project schedules and forecasts, timely execution, as well as technical quality and functionality.
- Maintain consistency between projects and ensure proper documentation and support.
- Ensure each employee is properly trained and assist them in their development plan that aligns with one of Honeywell’s many career paths options.
- Perform bi-annual performance assessments and provide constructive feedback and encouragement to each of the employees on a regular basis.
- Attends and organizes daily and weekly team meetings with customers and management, organize regular dept. meeting with your team.
- Attends and organize daily and weekly team meetings with customers and management, organize regular dept. meeting with your team.
- Collaborate with engineering teams: PLC, Electrical and Mechanical
- Demonstrate leadership experience in overseeing employees and delivering successful projects.
- Provide software engineering expertise and design skills.
Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and Microservices architecture (Azure).
- 5+ years’ experience in software development.
- Strong experience in C#, or C++, Java.
- Understanding software development lifecycle, JIRA and Agile methodologies
- Comfortable and autonomous with Python and/or PowerShell
- Good English communication.
- Leadership experience.
- Logistic and warehouse experience.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and Microservices architecture (Azure).
- Demonstrate the ability to develop efficient and high-quality software.
- Full-time Permanent contract
- Dynamic and creative international work environment
- Professional development plans including training and further career opportunities
- Daily use of foreign languages
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- Possibility to participate in big projects for number 1 customers all over the world
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Brno, Jihomoravský
Job date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 22:19:35 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net