Job title: Site Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager (m/f/d)
Company: General Electric
Job description: The Site Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager works collaboratively with both the EHS Leadership team and site Projects team to ensure that Wind Farm Projects of various size and scope are managed in accordance with both GE EHS procedures and local legislative expectations.
The site EHS Manager will report functionally within the GE EHS organization, but it is critical that they work in close partnership with the site team to ensure that EHS is embedded into daily operating rhythms and helping to build a safety-first culture.
The Site EHS Manager is a critical role to provide technical EHS guidance and support successful EHS management across the project site, from pre-mobilization through commissioning and until final customer acceptance.
Overall scope includes leading and managing a variety of EHS resources on site, that may include EHS personnel, Emergency responders or permit management team members.
As the Site EHS Manager, you will:
- Both manage and supervise work activity with a cross-functional team to ensure the site specific EHS plan and associated requirements are developed, implemented, and maintained.
- Ensure compliance and coordinate with the Site Manager to ensure the implementation of both GE and legislative EHS expected programs and training requirements.
- Liaise with a diverse range of third parties including Customer, Contractors/Subcontractors, emergency services and regulatory agencies on EHS matters as necessary.
- Be strategic in leading EHS performance to ensure that both GE and local legislative requirements are met.
- Deliver and, where necessary, support development of EHS training, including maintaining records of competency and training completion.
- Drive EHS performance to support Key Performance Indicators in line with business expectation.
- Meet and maintain reporting expectations, both internal and external.
- Conduct audits and inspections and manage any third party EHS inspections, following the expectation laid out by GE, including on-time closure of audit findings.
- Promote a positive EHS culture, including STOP WORK Authority to all personnel, including third parties and support implementation of EHS incentive programs, as well as Just and Fair Cause process.
- Conduct EHS orientations and assist third party representatives with understanding on site EHS expectations.
- Manage EHS meetings with GE/Partner/Subcontractors or other 3rd parties as necessary.
- Ensure EHS coordination of work activity between different 3rd parties as needed, including completion of weekly EHS meetings and “toolbox talks.”
- Manage and coordinate both leading and lagging EHS events including concerns, findings, non-conformances, incidents and emergency response or drills, ensuring where necessary completion of robust corrective actions.
- Be engaged in all areas of site operation and be able to problem solve with Lean and digitization tools to drive process improvement and remove or reduce risk on site.
- Act with humility, lead with transparency and deliver with focus. Develop and mentor site EHS team members through career planning & succession planning.
- Represent GE in a responsible manner with integrity and by exercising good judgment.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net