Job title: Senior Software Architect
Company: General Electric
Job description: Job Description Summary At GE Healthcare we are focusing on personalized medicine. A key part of this is to ensure that data from specialist healthcare are shared with patients and general physicians, and vice versa. If you want to make a contribution for other people, you can join the leading global ultrasound company in developing automated and simplified communication solutions for handheld ultrasound. We call it “Digital Ecosystem”, others call it social media for healthcare. Now we are seeking a strong technical leader who can lead our developments in this area.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
In this role you will be the overall technical lead for the Digital Ecosystem development in Primary Care Ultrasound. You will be responsible for the technology roadmap to secure our strategy of developing best-in-class connectivity solutions. You will work closely with customers to understand their needs as well as marketing to define the digital ecosystem strategy. You will identify and work closely with strategic research partners and suppliers. You will coach our architects and engineers to design best-in-class digital solutions for our products. You will work
cross segment to ensure applicable technology developed by other GE Ultrasound segments are re-used. You will design innovative solutions to unique problems and work on multiple major projects requiring innovative solutions at the cutting edge of the technical field.
Essential responsibilities for this role include:
- Driving the overall technology strategy for the Digital Ecosystem in Primary Care Ultrasound
- Identify and design robust technical solutions for cloud connectivity including image sharing, telemedicine, EMRs, PACS, social media
etc., supporting Windows, iOS and Android.
- Ensure the digital ecosystem solutions are easy to use, meet customer needs, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Design technical solutions enabling subscription payments, billing and other solutions requested by our customers.
- Broadening our engineering capacity by collaborating with strategic business partners to define and implement standard APIs to be used
by them to create new features for our medical devices.
- Manage and communicate issues to senior management
- Lead and mentor the digital ecosystem development team to create world-class solutions
Qualifications/Requirements Essential Skills:
- Experience in developing robust connectivity solutions as SW architect
Excellent C++ programming skills
- Ability to develop innovative technical solutions compliant with requirements within agreed programs and timelines
- Substantial analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated leader and team player capable of working with minimum direction.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of
technical and operational topics.
- BSc or similar in computer science, image processing, or related field
- MSc, PhD or similar in computer science, image processing, or related field
- Experience with medical device software development and cybersecurity best practices
- Experience in agile development processes
- Experience with app development on iOS or Android
- Experience with leading global software teams
- Excellent customer and business focus
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net