Job title: programme manager, manager innovation
Company: Profile Group
Job description: EDFI is the Association of European Development Finance Institutions. EDFI represents 15 development banks and investment funds that are backed by European governments to promote sustainable investment in the private sector in developing countries and emerging economies.
EDFI member institutions are mandated by their governments to contribute to the SDGs by creating jobs, boosting growth, fighting poverty and climate change. Five core values drive EDFI: Responsibility, Sustainability, Impact, Trust, Transparency.
EDFI and its members have also set up the EDFI Management Company, as a joint platform for managing innovative development finance solutions in partnership with the EU institutions.
In line with its evolving work programme, EDFI recruits a Programme Manager.
As the Programme Manager, Knowledge & Innovation will develop and implement strategic EDFI initiatives and data / knowledge programmes. The role is to ensure coordination on projects of strategic relevance to EDFI member institutions, and to deliver fact-based industry perspectives and innovation projects.
Your key responsibilities:
- Support EDFI task forces on strategic innovation topics, e.g., impact management harmonisation (especially climate related), crisis response, private co-finance mobilization and blended finance, policy issues.
- Coordinating work programmes and overseeing deliverables agreed by EDFI task forces.
- Collecting and analysing data on DFIs‘ financing and impact, and handling data enquiries.
- Developing concepts for EDFI conferences and events.
- Contributing to EDFI’s annual report, and occasional reports and position papers.
- Supporting the development of joint initiatives with partner institutions, think tanks, etc.
- Accompanying networking groups of specialists from EDFI member institutions.
You join an international and diverse team of over ten people, coming from Europe and overseas. Discover more about them here: . They are all motivated and committed to the purpose of the company. You report to the General Manager, who is ambitious for EDFI and the team. He delegates responsibilities and expects autonomy, initiative, and accountability from his team members. He has a participative management style and team members at all levels are stimulated to take initiatives to improve processes and service levels. He is thoughtful and does not make hasty decisions.
As Programme Manager, Knowledge & Innovation,
- You have experience with development finance and/or investment projects in emerging markets.
- You have a university degree in economics, law, business administration or related field with a strong academic record.
- You have at least 6 years of relevant work experience in financial services, consulting, think tank or related professional field, including at least 3 years in a project management role, ideally within international finance.
- Knowledge of European institutions an advantage.
- Languages: fluent English.
You have the following soft skills:
- Project management: able to drive a project and interact effectively with complex range of internal & external stakeholders.
- Analytical & rigorous: you analyse the situation both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Interpersonal and communications skills: you communicate effectively and transparently. You can adapt to specific stakeholders – in Belgium and abroad.
- You are an independent decision taker an able and willing to work under minimal supervision
- Well organised and process orientated with demonstrated track-record of professional results.
- Team player: you are keen to collaborate and in a multi-cultural environment
Important: only apply for this position when you eligable (valid work permit) and willing to work in Belgium (Brussels).
- The opportunity to help strengthen EDFI’s Secretariat and the Association’s efforts to shape European development finance and reach the global climate and sustainable development goals.
- A competitive package in line with qualifications.
- A dynamic and flexible work environment (offices in Brussels), operating based on trust.
- The opportunity to work with diverse cultures from various countries.
- A dynamic function in a meaningful company, with extremely interesting projects.
Other keywords: International Development, Programme Management, Knowledge, Innovation, Impact, E&S, International Development; sustainable finance; impact investing; climate action
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net