Job title: Process Operator – Upstream
Job description: Job Description
Time has come to ramp up the recruitment of Process Operators with experience from Chemical Process Industry for Northvolt Labs, our cutting-edge manufacturing line and R&D centre in Västerås. The strategy of Northvolt Labs is to meet the growing demand of green batteries at the same time as meeting high demands for customization from our customers. Northvolt Labs is a facility where we design, test, industrialize and qualify products before bringing it to large-scale production.
As an Upstream Process Operator you have a good chemical understanding, as well as experience from working in a production setting with ongoing process. We believe you have experience in reading process and electrical drawings as well as a good understanding of equipment as pipes, pumps and valves. You might have a relevant background from production in steelworks, cement, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, active materials or oil & gas.
You will work according to Northvolt values, routines, budget, management system and plan. A safe operation production line is our highest priority and will therefore be a crucial part of any task in the lab. As an Operator you will work closely with other Shift Leaders, Production Manager, Safety, Quality, Environment, Maintenance and Process teams.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Report failures and deviations on equipment as well as conducting root cause analysis on various issues.
- Assure safe operations. Daily safety improvement work to reach world class in safety.
- Monitor process from control room – regulate pressure, temperature, chemicals etc.
- Conduct sampling to ensure material is not contaminated
- Perform visual inspections and equipment maintenance (pipes, pumps and valves)
- Take proper actions when facing failures and deviations affecting the production.
- Perform risk analysis and issue permits according to routines.
- Actively partake in Safety, Quality, Environment and Improvement work according to Northvolt routines and legislation
- Support managers and colleagues in creating a good working environment through inclusion, motivation, engagement, creativity, good communication and high ambitions.
- Participate in rotation of work duties.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Work with great people
„We move at a fast pace and decisions are made in a deliberate, thoughtful, and bold manner.“
R&D Electrode Manager
„At Northvolt there is no right or wrong. Everyone brings something to the table.“
Director Raw Materials
„It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of starting up a new industry segment.“
„I love being a part of such a bold effort to tackle the energy problem.“
Skills & Requirements
- +3 years of experience from relevant process industry (production in steelworks, cement, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, active materials or oil & gas).
- Experience from reading process, electrical drawings and control room
- Good understanding of equipment as pipes, pumps and valves
- Experience from working with some of the following; permit procedures, Lock Out Tag Out, near miss reporting, safety audits, maintenance audits, process control systems, and daily following up on safety actions.
- Understanding of how to utilize the equipment to run efficient manufacturing with optimization of energy and costings.
- Administrative competence, ERP, work orders, mail, incident reporting.
- Good communication skills as you will work in close collaboration with many different teams.
- Good English both written and oral skills. Basic Swedish and other languages skills is a plus.
- High work ethic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Qualities that we cherish in all Northvolt employees are flexibility, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges and grit. In the team you will find passionate and purpose driven colleagues who all work for a more sustainable future.
Great Place to Work
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
About the company
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We’re also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.
Job date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 05:47:41 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net