Job title: Operations Assistant
Company: European Association For International Education
Job description: As our Operations Assistant, you will dive into your new role in advance of our award-winning Annual Conference & Exhibition, taking place this year in Barcelona. You get energy from interacting with people and are eager to assist in any way possible to make virtual and in person events a success. You thrive in an international setting and are eager to play a supportive role to your colleagues, whether it be administrative, system, or customer-service related tasks. You will interact with all teams in our organisation, but will report to the Team Lead for Operations, and support the Events Team for select projects. This is an ideal role for someone eager to hit the ground running with diverse tasks.
- Assisting our clients with their registration process (by e-mail) for all EAIE events.
- Assisting our clients at the on-site registration desk during our Annual Conference.
- Performing general administration, and office tasks.
- Supporting staff in project-based work.
- Updating the customer database.
- Project administrative support to our events team.
- Handling of a wide range of logistical arrangements for the conference and other, smaller EAIE events (both on-site and in advance of the events)
- 1 to 2 years in a similar position, with experience using a CRM and/or registration software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A valid work permit and already living in the Amsterdam area with no restrictions to travel within the EU.
- Good interpersonal skills with both colleagues and external parties.
- Ability to set priorities, and a passion for organising.
You are a team player: You have the ability to work effectively with others and are able to explain financial issues in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. You enjoy engaging with colleagues from around the world, and are respectful of different approaches to the work at hand.
You get things done: you follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritise your tasks. When you need help, you are not afraid to ask.
You value precision: you are meticulous. You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail.
The EAIE offers a stimulating hybrid work environment, a generous benefits package, and an international staff who are dedicated to our mission. What more could you ask for? Maybe the inspiring atmosphere of The Student Hotel Amsterdam City where we have our offices.
- Competitive salary: starting salary of € 2500-2700 gross per month, depending on education/work experience, based on 37.5 hours per week (5 days). A contract of 7 months. Start asap.
- Option to work from home.
- Work hard, play hard: 25 days of holiday per year (plus 10 days at Christmas).
- Retire in style: we contribute while you contribute to your pension scheme.
- Ride the train: 100% of your public transportation covered for travelling to/from work.
- Health is wealth: 50% of your monthly health insurance coverage covered.
Qualifying candidates may be contacted before application deadline. Candidates must already be residing in the Netherlands to be considered.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net