Job title: Junior People Business Partner
Job description: Hubbers are doers, makers, and hackers.
At Hubs, we empower engineers to create revolutionary products. Manufacturing is notoriously challenging for companies big and small. We’re changing that by making reliable manufacturing methods instantly available to engineers all over the world through our online platform.
If you’re looking for a tech scale-up in Amsterdam there are a few to choose from, but none quite with our story. Over the past 8 years, we’ve built the world’s largest distributed manufacturing network and have built the easiest-to-use product for ordering custom parts. We help the companies you know and love to build a better future, from humble startups to big names like Audi, HP, and NASA. Some parts we’ve produced are floating in space right now.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for our next People Business Partner to join the team. You’ll be working alongside the People Ops Specialist, and reporting directly to the People Ops Lead in an advisory role, where you’ll be a strategic partner to the management team.
In 2021 Hubs was acquired by Protolabs, the world’s fastest manufacturing service for custom parts and as the Junior People Business Partner, you will be a key pillar in advising and partnering with management during this exciting change and to continue to build happy and high performing teams.
You will be part of a team that puts culture and people, with a ton of learning opportunities. Alongside your advisory role, there are numerous cool projects where you can participate out of a people or culture perspective, to maintain and boost our energetic and diversity-driven culture.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Want to learn more then you can reach out to our People Operations Lead: email@example.com
What you’ll do
- Partner and advise with the (extended) Management Team and the business leads to build high performing teams that deliver on their business goals
- Drive a wide variety of People processes and initiatives for your supporting function(s), such as Talent development, Goal setting & Performance management, Employee relations, DEI, and Wellbeing
- Partner with the other People functions (Office, Recruitment, and People Operations), to contribute towards our people strategy and projects, and to ensure the smoothest employee lifecycle
- Analyze people-related data and trends in partnership with the People Team to develop into strategy, and opportunities to learn
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
What it takes
- 2-4 years of HR Experience
- Experience in a People Business Partner or similar role; you’re resourceful, you take initiative, and know when to seek additional expertise
- Natural mediator with a coaching mentality; you can manage conflict and drive positive outcomes from tough discussions with all levels of the business
- Ensures the quality of the employee experience is a continuous development, and are able to iterate the HR program to the People’s needs and values as we scale
- Embrace change and have the ability to see it as a challenge to guide and support
- Cultural awareness, with a high emotional intelligence
- Happy to dive into the important operational matters where needed; such as executing the payroll or the performance cycle.
- Familiarity with Dutch labor law and rules and regulations (like arbo/UWV, 30% ruling, residence permit process, employment law, payroll, etc) and a strong interest in handling international policies (like US, UK, and more to come)
- Experience in employee benefits and compensation, L&D, and lastly DEI, what we highly value
- Excellent communication skills with both verbal and written English
Nice to haves * University degree in Organizational Psychology, Organizational Sciences Law, Human Resources or other relevant studies
- Experience in start-up/scale-up, fast-growth workplace
If you don’t tick all of the boxes, no problem! We value a winning attitude and support the possibility to learn and develop in the role
- We offer a competitive salary plus a bonus incentive and Protolabs stock options
- Everyone has the opportunity to make an impact from day one, in a high-paced culture to accelerate our growth as we scale!
- Hybrid 2-3 days in the office with „work from anywhere“ policy 3 months per every single year!
- You’ll join a diverse, international team of 200+ people from (30+ nationalities) growing to 300+ in the next 12 months
- Everyone’s a student and teacher with our Career Development Plan, learning platform, Tech Talks, Hackathons, Tech, and Product demos, and Innovation SprintsGet access to use our global manufacturing network for your own projects
- Free access to
meditation app and Mental-Health Support with * Stay fit and sign up to
and join colleagues who run, climb, cross fit * In-house chef (50% vegetarian) and Doggo friendly office
- Incredible office views in the Houthavens, Amsterdam
- Learn more about us on our
The recruitment process
- Our recruiter will have a quick chat to make sure the role is what you think it is, learns more about you and your career ambitions, and cover our interview process and next step
- Then we’ll schedule a chat with our People Ops Lead to learn more about how we do things and a deeper dive into the role itself and exciting challenges
- After that, we’ll have the assignment to cover your HR skills. The assessment involves a take-home assignment
- Finally, you’ll have a short talk with our CFO and one of our cultural ambassadors
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team that feels that they are valued in the workplace. If you’re looking at our page and you do not identify yourself, don’t be discouraged to apply. You can help make our company even better. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, mental or physical ability, or any which way you represent yourself. We strongly believe diversity makes for more successful teams.
(formerly 3D Hubs) is an online platform for custom part manufacturing, providing access to a global network of manufacturing services, including , , , and Founded in Amsterdam in 2013, Hubs has since produced 7 million parts and was acquired for $280M by Protolabs in January 2021. Hubs continues to operate as an independent company aimed at further unlocking the massive distributed manufacturing opportunity together with Protolabs.
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 02:32:19 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net