Job title: IT Support Officer (HUN22.247)
Company: British Embassy Budapest
Job description: The British Embassy in Budapest is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. We are seeking to recruit a new member of staff, an IT Support Officer.
This is an entry level support role focused on the local supervision of a centrally managed global IT and telephony network, and providing technical assistance for locally procured IT assets, ensuring the safe and secure use of all physical assets. The IT Support Officer is responsible for the day-to-day local supervision of the Embassy’s universal IT system (Firecrest), local stand alone IT equipment and the Embassy’s internet based telephony system. A key support role that ensures staff access to important IT and telephony tools to carry out their work, that promotes best practice, that advises staff on the Embassy’s information management policy and processes, and ensures that contingency arrangements are in place and regularly tested.
The selected candidate will also provide logistical and administrative support to the wider Embassy and Corporate Services Team as required. The job holder will report to the Transport and Security Manager within the small Corporate Services Team, and needs to work independently and as part of a team.
If you have a general interest in IT and IT networks, have a proactive style, and would like to have a flavour of what it means to work in an international environment, then we are looking for you!
We are looking for someone that is motivated to learn, a real team player, has a hands-on and collaborative approach towards work and knows how to prioritise tasks.
- Proactively maintain and support the official desktop, laptop and IT infrastructure at Post.
- Manage file and folder permissions on the official IT system.
- Help ensure maximum availability of the official IT system and support staff to resolve issues by making the best use of the central IT Help Desk and other IT stakeholders such as the Regional Support Centre (RSCs).
- Help ensure the security and integrity of the system and report to the Transport and Security Manager any potential breaches of IT security.
- Maintain inventories for official IT and audio/visual equipment.
- Signpost staff to make the best use of the IT Helpdesk as the first point of contact for official IT related enquires and technical issues.
- Be the point of contact at Post for the Embassy’s internet based telephony system.
- Working with the Transport and Security Manager, ensuring the IT infrastructure at the Embassy’s fall back location is fit for purpose for Business Continuity Plan purposes at short notice.
- Maintain and test key contingency IT equipment.
- Provide cover for other absent staff in the Corporate Services Team, including on administration, and logistics.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- General interest in IT networking principles/practices.
- Good understanding of how to install and manage applications on IT platforms.
- Good understanding of physical IT networks (servers, modems, wiring racks, etc) that support medium sized organisations.
- Good understanding MS Office applications.
- Fluency at C2 level in Hungarian according to CEFR Framework*
- Fluency at B2 level in English according to CEFR Framework*
- Good communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Good organisational and time management skills, attention to detail and follow-up discipline.
- Ability to work in a team and independently as well, with limited supervision to meet deadlines.
- Ability to explain technical jargon in an accessible way to staff across the organisation.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours net per week for a 2 years fixed-term contract which may be extended by mutual agreement.
The British Embassy Budapest has a strong commitment to work/life balance. Standard office hours are 8.30-16.30 with flexi-hours possibility within the opening hours 8.00-18.00. We also have mobile technology and offer hybrid working with remote working days to be agreed with line managers.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. You must have pre-existing work authorisation for the country in which this position is available in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to national employment law of the country in which the vacancy is available.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in the specific country that the position is available and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 06:23:07 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net