Job title: Human Resources Assistant, G-4, CSLC
Company: FAO of the UN, SSC-Budapest
- Review, answer and follow-up on standard requests, enquiries and claims regarding human resources matters; provide readily available information from office files and databases;
- Support services related to the employment and servicing of staff or mobile workforce; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.;
- Assemble and review supporting documentation for processing various human resources actions relating to entitlements and benefits, onboarding, transfers and separations;
- Assemble and review supporting documentation for processing various human resources actions relating to validation, education check and posting;
- Communicate with applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment;
- Assist supervisor(s) in monitoring the contractual status of staff on various appointments; assist in the timely preparation and issuance of contract renewals and personnel action forms;
- Collect and research background information; draft routine correspondence; assist in the preparation of administrative reports;
- Maintain personnel files for staff, ensuring all documentation is complete; maintain and update confidential information and documents, and ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files;
- Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions;
- Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of human resources services and on the overall output of the work unit.
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Three years of relevant experience in administrative and/ or human resources support work
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. „Commuting distance“ means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of relevant corporate human resources policies, rules and procedures
- Good knowledge of ERP corporate computerized administrative systems
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
Limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net