Job title: Growth Legal Counsel in EMEA/APAC Lisbon, Portugal
Job description: Description
We are constantly growing and are currently looking for a curious and reliable Legal Counsel – Growth, EMEA and Australasia who is able to join our top qualified and knowledgeable Legal team.
Are you an experienced legal professional specializing in real estate, development and commercial law seeking your next career step? Would you like to join one of the most dynamic hospitality groups with global presence and advise the group on real estate and commercial related matters? If so, we’d like to meet you!
You will have the chance to get exposed to an international company and build your career in a fast-growing working environment. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and get involved in challenging, yet exciting international projects.
In this role, you will be part of our Legal team reporting to the Legal Directors – Growth, EMEA and Australasia and you will be responsible for actively supporting and monitoring Selina’s real estate, development and commercial matters in the region, ensuring compliance with local regulations. You may be able to work remotely, depending on business needs, and you will work closely with the Legal Directors – Growth, EMEA and Australasia and others within our dynamic legal team and advise on real estate, development and and commercial related issues.
What you will need to do:
Provide professional support, assistance and advice to the General Counsel, VP of Legal Department and EMEA and Australasia Legal Director, as required
- Supervise, conduct researches and analyze legislative and contract provisions, implication of case law and regulatory matters affecting the Group and reports to the General Counsel, VP of Legal Department and EMEA and Australasia Legal Director
- Draft and review real estate and corporate legal agreements and documents.
- Manage, monitor and maintain real estate and permitting documentation to ensure legal compliance
- Assist staff with proper maintenance of the contractual, real estate and permitting databases
- Review, analyze and organize a variety of legal matters, including due diligence & permit assessments for civil law jurisdictions.
- Ensure that the legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed and controlled
- Provide practical legal assistance and advice on various legal issues (providing preliminary legal advice, drafting and/or commenting on real estate, development and commercial contracts and agreements, following or handling disputes and claims resolutions, etc.) ensuring the Group’s compliance with the necessities of the applicable legislation
- Represent the group in ensuring the efficient handling of negotiations and disputes resolutions, where required
- Providing day-to-day business and real estate law counseling, identifying opportunities for and implementing process improvements and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries; and
- Developing strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and building processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in law; a LL.M. from a renowned law school would be considered a plus
- At least three (3) – seven (7) years of legal experience, preferably in-house or for a reputable international law firm, in the fields of real estate and commercial law and international transaction law
- Legal work experience either for hospitality, real estate, development or construction, or related sector; active involvement in hospitality real estate contracts would be considered a plus
- Experience in international projects and multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional global team,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to act as a business partner to senior management and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English (oral and written); knowledge of German, Portuguese or Spanish would be considered a plus
- Substantial MS Office knowledge
- Qualification in any EMEA jurisdiction; Qualification in England and Wales and/or Australia would be considered a plus.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive remuneration and benefits are part of the offering, yet the real joy comes from being a member of smart and passionate teams, within an international leading Hospitality Group on a mission that matters. We create hospitality projects – literally around the globe – with meaningful impact on the local communities for the years to come. At Selina, you will find a proud, productive and human-centric culture, caring for and building on our people and their development!
Please note that you will be contacted only in case you are shortlisted for an interview. In the meantime, do not hesitate to stay in touch and keep monitoring our open vacancies and our LinkedIn page! Rest assured that your application will be treated with strict confidentiality and under all applicable data privacy regulations.
Job date: Fri, 06 May 2022 05:07:37 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net