Job title: Front End Engineer – Search
Job description: About BlaBlaCar
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
As a Front-End Engineer at BlaBlaCar, you will join a group of a dozen other talented engineers and be an active member of our web Engineering Chapter. You will also join a multidisciplinary team (a squad) and work closely with product managers, UX designers, data scientists, QA specialists and other Front-End and Back-End Engineers to build a seamless travel experience for millions of users.
As a part of the Search Squad, you will specifically focus on Search users experience in our product.
BlaBlaCar’s web stack is hosted on a mono-repository and powered by PNPM. We are building a React/TypeScript responsive Single Page Application served by Node JS with standard tooling (Webpack, TypeScript, Prettier, ESlint, jest, @testing-library, etc.).
We use REST APIs to communicate with a backend of microservices built in Java and PHP.
- Enhancing, maintaining and monitoring
, a complex technical stack with 3 million page views per day in 22 countries ! * Developing and maintaining our design system by created extensible and accessible UI components and participating in product reviews
- Launching new features while keeping a high-quality codebase
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Proactively participate in team’s processes and product decisions
- You value high-quality software, being obsessed with code simplicity and testing
- You have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
- Prior experience in TypeScript or Back-End technologies such as Java, PHP Symfony
- Prior experience in maintaining a Design System library
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, Ukraine
- 💡 Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‚Fail, Learn, Succeed‘ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our
Your future benefits
- 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call)
- 💰 A fair and competitive salary package
- 🚀Employee Stock Ownership plan
- 🎈Holidays:10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- 👶 Parental policy
- 🎒 Trainings & career development programs
- 🚗Free carpooling and 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
Here is what your hiring journey will look like
- a 45-min video-call with
our TAM to get to know you * a 60-min video call with Emanuele Engineering Manager of the Search Squad
- a 45-min video call with Software Engineers to do a Design Exercise
- a 60-min Live coding / Pair programming with Software Engineers
- a 45-min Code Review with Software Engineers
- a 45-min video-call with
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours after the final step in the process.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 22:58:31 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net