Job title: Finance Assistant
Company: FAO of the UN, SSC-Budapest
- Review source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity;
- Extract details of transactions from the integrated financial system in order to analyse and verify;
- Investigate errors, take corrective actions; perform reviews and ensure proper clearance procedures;
- Support continuous improvement efforts by participating in testing and implementation of new financial process automations;
- Assist in monitoring transactions, ensure ex-ante or post-factum due diligence is performed;
- Prepare worksheets and assist in preparation of reports by compiling and consolidating data from various sources;
- Draft and prepare correspondence and respond to queries;
- Evaluate ongoing financial support requirements, adapt service provision to meet changing needs and solve operational problems as required;
- Provide procedural guidance to staff; guide and train junior finance support staff;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and timeliness of the services provided by the team. He/she plays a pro-active role in the successful achievement of the unit’s mandate.
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, cash management and/or asset management related support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English. Please remember to upload your existing certification or proof of fluency at the time of the application.
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. „Commuting distance“ means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting policies and practices in order to ensure that all processing controls are strictly adhered to.
- Good knowledge of the processing and approval process of a variety of transactions; ensuring audit requirements are maintained regarding supporting document retention, adherence to rules, accuracy and overall completeness.
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Experience with integrated ERP systems (i.e. Oracle).
- Limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of other official FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Experience in Shared Services Centre work environment.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net