Job title: Finance Assistant
Job description: Organizational Setting
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The position is located in the SSC in Budapest, Hungary.
The Finance Assistant undertakes finance-related support activities of medium complexity. He/she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of processes. The job role requires in-depth knowledge and interpretation of financial policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to other staff in the Organization as and when needed.
The Finance Assistant performs his/her work autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative, judgment and responsibility. Supervision received is focused on guidance regarding cases of high complexity and on facilitating service delivery and meeting client requirements. The incumbent effectively organizes his/her own work and provides relevant guidance and training to junior colleagues and internal customers.
The incumbent maintains a wide range of contacts with staff throughout the Organization as well as with colleagues within and outside of core team, providing experienced coordination and delivery of finance support processes and services.
- Review source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity;
- Extract details of transactions from the integrated financial system in order to analyse and verify;
- Investigate errors, take corrective‘ actions; perform reviews and ensure proper clearance procedures;
- Support continuous improvement efforts by participating in testing and implementation of new financial process automations;
- Assist in monitoring transactions, ensure ex-ante or post-factum due diligence is performed;
- Prepare worksheets and assist in preparation of reports by compiling and consolidating data from various sources;
- Draft and prepare correspondence and respond to queries;
- Evaluate ongoing financial support requirements, adapt service provision to meet changing needs and solve operational problems as required;
- Provide procedural guidance to staff; guide and train junior finance support staff;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and timeliness of the services provided by the team. He/she plays a pro-active role in the successful achievement of the unit’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, cash management and/or asset management related support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. „Commuting distance“ means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting policies and practices in order to ensure that all processing controls are strictly adhered to.
- Good knowledge of the processing and approval process of a variety of transactions; ensuring audit requirements are maintained regarding supporting document retention, adherence to rules, accuracy and overall completeness.
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Experience with integrated ERP systems (Oracle).
- Limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Experience in Shared Services Centre work environment.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net