Job title: Environmental Permitting Specialist
Job description: Job Description
We invite you to bring your expertise into play as you will be a part of the Compliance and Permitting Group which is part of Ramboll’s Environment & Health Division. To succeed in this role you must have Master of Science (Laurea quinquennale) or PhD in Chemical, Environmental Engineering, or other relevant field is required (e.g. Natural Science, course work in Air Quality a plus) . Environmental Permitting Specialist? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment & Health department
As our new Environmental Permitting Specialist you will be part of this group consists of like-minded individuals who are passionate about air quality, permitting, environmental legislation and assisting Ramboll’s clients with their most challenging problems. The Compliance and Permitting Group consults with clients across various industries (Manufacturing, Metallurgy, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Services, etc.) on a range of topics, including but not limited to environmental permitting under IPPC IED EU Legislation, National environmental impact assessments, emissions estimation, air dispersion modelling, wastewater permits and improvement projects, human health risk assessment, climate change, permitting, compliance, and indoor/outdoor air quality..
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Critically reviewing and interpreting EU and Italian environmental regulations
- Assisting in preparing major and minor permit applications (e.g. AIA, AUA, etc.)
- Assisting in preparing studies under Italia Environmental Impact Assessment legislation (screening, SIA, VINCA, etc.)
- Assisting clients in maintaining their operation in compliance with existing environmental permits (air emissions, waste management, wastewater control, etc.)
- Preparing emissions calculations for industrial sources
- Conducting air quality reviews of emissions reduction or control
- Conducting reviews of industrial wastewater management according to Italian National and regional legislation
- Manage the technical, schedule and budgetary elements of projects
- Other duties as assigned
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Master of Science (Laurea quinquennale) or PhD in Chemical, Environmental Engineering, or other relevant field is required (e.g. Natural Science, course work in Air Quality a plus)
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, major customers and senior executives within the organization
- Min 5 years of related experience desired
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Strong analytical abilities Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to clearly and concisely communicate scientific issues to technical and non-technical persons Experience with PC-based and network applications software Willingness to travel Being comfortable working in industrial facilities/settings Italia mother tongue level, proficient in English Language
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Europe
Ramboll has more than 11,000 experts working across 240 offices in Europe. We are present in Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Our experts are applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Please ensure that your application documents are in English. We look forward to receiving your application.
This position is also open to applicants belonging to protected categories, pursuant to art. 1 L 68/99. Please provide details in your application.
La ricerca è rivolta (anche) a candidati iscritti alle liste delle categorie protette ai sensi dell’art. 1 L 68/99. Si prega di specificare l’appartenenza a tali categorie nella domanda di lavoro.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net