Job title: Engineering Manager (m/f/x)
Job description: At CLARK we believe that people deserve peace of mind. With that vision in mind, we set out on our mission. CLARK makes it easy to get properly insured. We created an app that makes it easier, simpler, and faster for consumers to manage their insurances – all in one central place where changes can be implemented with just a few clicks. Our secret sauce is to combine a best-in-industry user experience with honest and independent advice from insurance experts.
Since our founding in 2015, we have served over 400,000 satisfied customers. Without our CLARKees, we could not have achieved our mission. We are extremely proud of our over 300 employees from over 40 nations, working from our offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Püttlingen and Vienna. Fresh off our successful €69m in Series C funding backed by Top-Tierinvestors (Tencent and White Star capital among others) we want you to join us to be part of our success journey.
As our Engineering Manager:
- You manage and develop a team of engineers
- Lead the developers and specialists in your team and enable to develop to architectural standards
- Develop a roadmap, plan sprints and deliver impact
- Liaise with stakeholders in the business to understand current shortcomings in our architecture
- Design architectural evolution and implement with your team and in collaboration with other teams, i.e. product management of architecture, keep an up to date documentation of our current and target architecture
- Use stakeholders‘ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Hire, develop and retain the team with the support of our People team
Who you are:
5 years of experience working experience * Ability to lead, develop and inspire people
- Held responsibility to manage and execute projects following an agile approach
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent fluent communication skills in English (German a nice to have)
- BSc or MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
Do you want to lead a team that can deploy to production daily? You will make a difference to hundreds of thousands of customers. We have flat hierarchies and you will have the freedom to help shape your team and make a massive difference:
- A multicultural environment with international colleagues.
- Subsidized job ticket and a company pension.
- A lot of freedom: You want to pursue further education? An MBA was always a dream of yours? We offer you support for your education while working with us.
- Support for relocation – and we don’t mean only a work permit. The process of getting you here and the costs associated with it are all supported.
- Want to inspire and share knowledge? We have you covered with our weekly Tech Brown Bag speech..
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net