Job title: Driver Apprentice Class B
Job description: Job Description:
Company: FedEx Freight
Job Title: Driver Apprentice Class B
Job Requisition Number: RC466492
Job Family: FXF: DOCK-DOCK
Time Type: Full Time
111 Granger Road
Berlin, Vermont 05641
Through education and driving skills development, become proficient in the operation of a straight truck picking up and delivering freight between service centers and customer locations. Responsibilities include non-driving duties such as forklift operation and working the dock.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operate straight trucks.
2. Perform pre-trip, post-trip, and inter-trip safety inspections on equipment
3. Perform freight handling work using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including, but not limited to, forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck
4. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including, but not limited to, pallets, straps, and rope
5. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
6. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
7. Collect checks for freight charges and maintain related documentation, as required
8. Comply with hazardous material regulations and company procedures, and confirm placarding matches hazmat shipments, as required
9. Communicate with and follow Dispatch instructions regarding events including, but not limited to, delays, arrivals, equipment problems, etc., as required
10. Demonstrate internal and external customer service
11. Communicate with customers to determine pick-up or delivessry needs
12. Ask customers for additional business, and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities
13. Chain vehicle tires, as required
14. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
15. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Must possess Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Commercial Learning Permit (CLP) prior to entering job classification. Automatic transmission CDL restriction allowed.
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Ability to read and understand route schedules
- Ability to lift/carry hand freight and other items weighing up to 100 pounds, several times a week
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors and drive on all types of roads in all types of weather
- Exposure to noise and vibration
- Exposure to dust and diesel fumes
- Exposure to hazardous materials shipped and packaged under DOT regulations
- Hours may vary due to operational need
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Location: Vermont – Berlin
Job date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 06:03:30 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net