Job title: Data Scientist
Job description: We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Scientist to join our Customer Insights, Data and Analytics team at Trimble Solutions Corporation in Espoo, Finland.
Our team is responsible for generating data driven customer insights to fuel our current and future business needs. Our team is responsible for insights, data driven culture, processes and tools within the Structures Division and building and managing a centralized data platform.
We are proud of enabling our organization to deliver customer value and make better decisions through the analytics and insights we provide. We hope you share our passion for data and are eager to apply your expertise to help productionize solutions that leverage our data.
See more about working at Trimble:
About this opportunity
Where your expertise is needed
- Analyzing our data to solve different use cases and discover new opportunities to leverage data for our analytics needs
- Creating and developing models and algorithms for analytics based solutions, such as predictive analytics (eg. churn or sales prediction)
- Testing, productionizing and maintaining these models to ensure business and customer value
- Taking part in our data pipeline development and enhancement, working closely together with Data & Software Engineers
- Working with and guiding team members in data science projects, providing your expertise to choose the right mathematical/statistical approach for the analytics use case at hand
- Participating in cross-organizational projects to drive AI/ML utilization within our organization
What we offer to you
- Challenging and interesting work in a global tech company and innovative environment
- Motivated and supportive team eager to work with you
- Possibility to directly impact how we develop and implement AI/ML models to deliver analytics and insights
- Flexibility in combining remote and office work
- Possibilities to grow and learn inside the company
- Working in cross organizational projects
Who you are
To succeed in this role, we believe that you
- Are curious by nature. You are also a proactive team player that likes to get things done
- Have a degree in data science, computer sciences, mathematics, statistics, engineering or a related degree
- Have a solid understanding of statistics concepts, data science and machine learning to be able to choose the right approach for the analytics need at hand
- Have about 3 years of work experience in the field of data science
- Are proficient in SQL and Python, preferably also R
- Have experience working in cloud environments, such as AWS and Azure
- Have fluent written and spoken English and strong communication and collaboration skills
In the current situation, our preference is for a candidate living and working in Finland. Please specify in your covering letter your current work permit situation and note that this hiring process is not supported by a relocation package to move to Finland.
Join our team! Send your application and résumé with a salary request via the application form as soon as possible, April 11 , at the latest.
We are happy to answer your questions about this opportunity, contact Laura Nässi: email@example.com
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise life-cycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation in accordance with applicable local laws, or any other protected factor.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net