Job title: Coding Instructor (US)
Job description: At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That’s why we’ve rallied around the common goal of making coding universally accessible.
With the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. To help millions more learn to code and eventually become developers, we’re now looking for Coding Instructor to join our 7-person Instructors team.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll lead two cohorts of up to 20 students each in our 6-month program, constantly preparing and holding live sessions as well as individual 1:1s with students.
- You’ll put our students first and create individualized learning plans based on our curriculum for every student.
- You’ll review code, prepare course material, give feedback on assignments, and answer open questions, keeping them engaged along their learning journey.
You’ll thrive in this role if
- You’re a developer’s advocate. You enjoy passing on your coding experience to others and sparking their curiosity in learning how to code.
- You’re an avid learner yourself. You’re always looking to improve through student and team feedback and data insights. You’re comfortable sharing and receiving meaningful feedback.
- You’re a strong communicator. You enjoy speaking in front of an audience and intuitively engage students in an upbeat way.
- You genuinely care about our students. You’re ready to go the extra mile for our students, support them on every step of their journey and make them believe in their developer career path.
- You’re a patient teacher. You know students start at different places and learn at their individual pace. You enjoy adapting your explanations to it and effectively scaffold their learning plans to help them succeed.
- You’re a remote-work advocate. You value asynchronous, written communication and express yourself concisely.
How we work
- We are a distributed team, working between the Eastern Standard time zone and the European Standard time zone for collaboration.
- If you’re located outside of this time zone range and want to move to Austria, we’ll handle the work permit process, and cover travel expenses related to it
- If you prefer to work outside of your home, we offer a physical location in Vienna and co-working stipends in other cities
- We love working async and this means you get to set your own schedule.
- For this role, we ask you to be available for live sessions and office hours in the evening (Eastern Standard Time).
Our global perks and benefits
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
- 25 days of paid vacation days in addition to your local public holidays, and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats throughout Europe and remote-friendly activities, like hack weeks and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, make use of our $720 personal growth budget for books, conferences, courses, or anything else that supports your personal development.
- Your annual salary will range from $51k to $64k gross annually (or $65k to $82k for contractors). Your salary will automatically increase by 5% every year, no questions asked.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
With the Mimo app, we’ve made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. To help millions more learn to code and eventually become developers, we’re constantly growing. If you, too, want to make coding accessible to everybody, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net