Job title: Bartender Wanted
Company: W Hotels
Job description: We are looking for a bartender to join the team.
Languages required Dutch, English
Venue type Hotel, Cocktail bar
Working hours Full Time
Contract type Indefiinite
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a Bar Team Leader. As a Bar Team Leader you belong to the B&F team. Together with the Head Bar you are responsible for the daily operation and leadership of the Bar in the W Lounge. You work closely together with the floor team and the management team of the lounge.
Your main responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
– Supervise the day to day operations of the W Lounge and bar, In Room Dining and Banqueting to ensure all guests receive luxury service and an on-brand W experience. Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards.
– You are responsible for smooth communication and cooperation with other departments. This is an ALL IN experience, we’re all responsible for making sure we give the guests whatever they want, whenever they want it.
– Motivate the team to bring about excellent performance, making sure you get the best out of everyone. Create trainings to improve the bartender’s skills. Participate in the evaluation of their performance.
– Ensure the teams are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each order and interaction.
– Quality control of the daily operations (proper production stock and methods, perfect serve, brand standards are followed)
Keep track of par stock levels
– Create purchasing requisitions for the daily operation of the bar
Create & update HID’s, optimizing the menu by developing new cocktails in cooperation with the head bartender
– Create an onboarding plan for new bartenders to train and guide them through the first weeks
– Closing of the Lounge Including financial and closing report
Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
– Making sure everything sparkles, we all enjoy a clean environment
– Weekends are busiest, as well as evening/nights, so expect to be on duty then.
– You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure, with loud music. Gotta love it.
– Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
– Minimum of 1 year experience in the same or similar role
– Fluency in English
– Dutch and any other language is appreciated
– Preferably experience in working in nightlife venues (bars/lounges).
– Work Permit for The Netherlands is required.
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 08:10:01 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net