Job title: Bar Person
Company: Snowcoach/Alpes Adventures
Job description: Snowcoach is an independent family run company established in 1978, operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have many returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and, most importantly, our staff!
We are looking for a candidate who would relish running the bar at the Hotel l’Aigle, who is not afraid of hard work and have the desire to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun.
- Customer service – welcoming and making clients feel at home.
- Sole responsibility for the hotel bar, serving drinks and snacks to our English clients and French visitors.
- Compliance of all legal responsibilities under our French bar license.
- Complete weekly stock take, place all necessary orders, and check deliveries.
- Daily reconciliation of cash and till receipts.
- Control and record all bar tabs, making sure payment is received at the end of the week.
- Complete weekly detailed bar accounts using Excel.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the bar and lounge.
- Plan, organise and advertise bar promotions to maximise revenue.
- Assist with and encourage evening entertainment.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we now have to obtain a work permit on your behalf and a visa, unless you have a Carte de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Must be fully vaccinated (with proof).
- A current valid HACCP hygiene certificate is desirable.
- Previous experience in hospitality and customer service industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- French language both written and oral is desirable.
- Driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
Salary and Benefits
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Free or subsidised travel to and from resort
- Full ski lift pass – whole area
- Skis and boots from our in-house ski shop
- Medical insurance if applicable
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous family and friends holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net