Job title: UI/UX Team Lead
Job description: Hi, my name is Pedro and I’m the Development Manager of Frontiers‘ SDD team in Madrid. We are a great family of SW engineers (frontend and backend) and QA engineers, working in close collaboration with our colleagues from Design, Product Management, OPS and the rest of departments in IT. Believe me when I say that we really love our job: the work environment is great, the sense and mission of our team is exciting, and the expertise and seniority of everyone around makes that every single day you will learn new things and enjoy the work.
I have an open position in my team of team leaders, and I’d like to open this opportunity to you. I’m looking for a UI/UX team leader who helps me at the head of our Frontend Engineering team, building our library of visual components and the UI prototypes for all of our applications.
This is a hands-on position; a good part of your day will go solving User Stories with your teammates, helping them with the technical tasks. But as the head of the team your managerial skills are just as essential: you must be proactive, inspiring and persuasive, and a true leader at the forefront of your projects. You must also care about your people, lead them and promote their professional growth.
And what about us? Well, I invite you to check Frontiers as a company, our mission, and how we envision the society and the world. It’s so important to feel comfortable working in a company you can be proud of! By working with us you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing, and the way it affects the people, the planet and the evolution of our society. If this resonates with you please check the job description below, maybe you are the person that can help us!
What you do
- Lead and evolve the UI/UX team.
- Apply market best practices in UI/UX activities.
- Coordinate the work of your team with the Product Owners and the Designers.
- Understand and evaluate risk factors as they relate to changing requirements.
- Develop small, well-crafted components that plug into our user interfaces.
- Develop full UI prototypes that our SW Development teams will use to implement the front end of their applications.
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing elegant and testable UI Vue components.
- Optimize HTML & CSS code for the best looking & performant experience.
- Provide support to development teams to facilitate the integration of the UI prototypes in their applications.
- Participate in the documentation of the UI / UX components and prototypes.
- Participate in the QA process along with the other team members.
- Collaborate with Designers and UX experts to bring concepts and ideas to life.
- Participate in your team’s Scrum process.
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions with Team Leads, Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
- Pair program and discuss solutions with your peers to share knowledge.
How you do it
- You coach and mentor your UI/UX colleagues taking special care of their professional development.
- You build a solid trust relationship with your teammates and counterparts
- You stay up-to-date with new UI/UX technologies and best practices.
- You maintain a strong working relationships through detail-oriented and effective communication.
- You contribute to the overall software quality by ensuring SOLID and testable code.
In your team you will lead another 3 fellow Frontend SW Engineers. Currently the team uses Kanban to manage its User Stories, coming from the different Product Owners. Once the UI prototypes are ready they are served to the relevant agile team in charge of the application.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role, leading a UI/UX team.
- Prior hands-on experience as a Frontend SW Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of current UI/UX practice, tools, and techniques
- Natural leader, proactive. We don’t need to push you for doing things, you take the initiative and lead the way ahead.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as Vue, Knockout, Angular and WebComponents.
- Knowledgeable in Git repositories.
- You are curious and love to learn and try out new things.
- You are not afraid to fail fast and learn from mistakes.
- You are willing to Travel to the Frontiers‘ headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
- You have good English skills.
- Additional knowledge (not mandatory, but nice to have)
- Design and/or UX experience
- QA experience
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- A top-notch office in an awesome location, at the city center (Nuevos Ministerios)
- Great flexibility for working from home.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Joining a company that can really boost the beneficial impact of science on people, society and the planet
- Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
- Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
- Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Thanks for your time checking the job description, if you think you can match with the role don’t hesitate to send us your CV, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination, including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Job date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 23:49:27 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net