Job title: UI/UX Engineer
Job description: Hi! In Frontiers we want to give a boost to our UI/UX team in Madrid and reinforce it with new members, are you interested?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Software Engineer to help us design and build the visual components and full frontend prototypes for our applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, experience using Vue and WebComponents, and the ability to work closely with other teams like Design, Product Owners, and SW Engineers.
And what about us? Well, I invite you to check as a company, , and how we envision the society and the world. It’s so rewarding working in a company you can be proud of! By joining us you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing, and the way it affects the people, the planet, and the evolution of our society. If this resonates with you please check the job description below, maybe you are the person that can help us!
Your day in the office
The next User Story in your Kanban is about developing a UI section showing a detailed list of scientific papers. With this new functionality our editors will be able to browse the manuscripts, verify their status, and take the proper actions on them.
The UI section will require several components. You plan to take one of the components already developed by the team and extend it to cover the new use case. You will also need to create a new component from scratch.
In the morning you sync up with your team in the Daily Scrum meeting, share your approach with them and get their feedback. Later you talk with the Design team and the Product Owner to clear up some doubts before starting the implementation.
You apply those suggestions together with some tests and move the story to the QA stage, where one of your teammates will validate the component along with the Product Owner. Time flies and it’s time to head out, you are happy with the progress made.
What you do
- Develop small, well-crafted components that plug into our user interfaces.
- Develop full UI prototypes that our SW Development teams will use to implement the front end of their applications.
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing elegant and testable UI Vue components.
- Optimize HTML & CSS code for the best looking & performant experience.
- Provide support to development teams to facilitate the integration of the UI prototypes in their applications.
- Participate in the documentation of the UI / UX components and prototypes.
- Participate in the QA process along with the other team members.
- Collaborate with Designers and UX experts to bring concepts and ideas to life.
- Participate in your team’s Scrum process.
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions with Team Leads, Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
- Pair program and discuss solutions with your peers to share knowledge.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as Vue, Knockout, Angular and WebComponents.
- Knowledgeable in Git repositories.
- You are curious and love to learn and try out new things.
- You are not afraid to fail fast and learn from mistakes.
- You are willing to Travel to the Frontiers‘ headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
- You have good English skills.
- Additional knowledge (not mandatory, but nice to have)
- Design and/or UX experience
- QA experience
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- A top-notch office in an awesome location, at the city center (Nuevos Ministerios)
- Great flexibility for working from home.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Joining a company that can really boost the beneficial impact of science on people, society and the planet
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Thanks for your time checking the job description, if you think you can match with the role don’t hesitate to send us your CV, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination, including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Job date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 23:35:58 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net