Job title: Technical Support Engineer (f/m/d)
Company: Atlas Copco
Job description: The Role
As a Technical Support Engineer based in our Product Company Cologne, it is your mission to provide professional technical support to our global Sales and Service organization. You will cooperate closely with local engineering and product quality functions to focus on improving the customer experience relating to the products originating from the Product Company Cologne. You will facilitate the adoption of product and service enhancements that affect the global service organization and support the Product Company in achieving its goals of improving customer satisfaction, quality, and cost.
Your mission includes following tasks:
- Job preparation for our service centers and field service with regards to procedures, equipment, spares, physical tools, software tools and training
- Professional job planning and worldwide interaction for a wide portfolio of tasks
- Support of quality- and project related team meetings and management reviews from a service perspective
- Be the responsible person for answering technical queries coming from 1st tier technical support in customer centers and other questions from Sales and Service in an efficient and timely way
- Drive cost down engineering actives for locally sourced spares and for service tasks and manage a portfolio of spare parts
- Ensure spares meet the requirements of accredited bodies (CE, UL etc.) to ensure suitability for the region they are intended to be sold
- Review local Engineering change and permit requests, highlight action points for service and communicate to the different stake holders
- Support of product warranty cases to help contain and resolve as part of the 8D process. Ensure corrective steps are well documented and that any actions required by service are assessed and actioned appropriately
- You assist our training center, the Vacuum Academy, in creating training content (instructions, video’s, troubleshooting guides) to provide the highest level of technical training and support to our worldwide customer and service centers
What you can expect from us?
- Independent and broad range of tasks and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working time models
- State-of the art Learning Management system with free access to global courses
- 30 days holiday, company parking, subsidized company canteen
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group, a Swedish multinational industrial player
What we expect of you?
- A strong technical background is required
- At least 3 years working experience in a technical environment
- Working knowledge of vacuum pumps design, manufacture and maintenance is highly beneficial. The ideal candidate should be willing to spend some time on the Manufacturing and Service assembly line to gain technical knowledge about our products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Good task management experience and skills
- Good command of English and German both oral and written, as well as computer skills (MS office)
- Good communication skills and enough maturity to accompany service people in visiting customers
- Pro-active, customer oriented, by maintaining regular contacts with the customer centers and giving them accurate and unambiguous advice
- As a real problem solver, you can deal with unexpected situations and implement a solution and you actively search for what caused this situation
- Good analysis skills, can evaluate data and information and structure and prioritize the tasks
Contact: Birgit Herbsleb, Tel. +49 221 3471642
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group’s sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.
Location: Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Job date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 00:05:49 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net