Job title: Technical Product Manager – Data Strategy and Products
Job description: We are looking for a Product Manager to complement our product management team, lead our platform data strategy, the development of new features within our data products and to launch new products revolving around our data streams
- Create and own the vision of our data warehousing and related products and be responsible for the creation and execution of its roadmap, whilst ensuring it contributes to the goals and objectives of the company
- Lead the creation and adoption of a cutting-edge data storage and its querying via GraphQL APIs to enable business cases
- Drive prioritisation and delivery of product functionalities via an Agile development methodology
- Daily interact with data engineers and data architects to ensure the most appropriate data structures are built and data quality is ensured
- Write user stories for the development teams, clarifying the ultimate business goal of the required features while being able to engage at a technical level
- Communicate with all stakeholders in the appropriate language and abstraction level, engaging in priority negotiations and ensuring the most valuable features find their way in the product backlog
- Proactively propose and lead cross-departmental initiatives related to our Objectives and key results (OKRs)
We seek enthusiastic team players with great initiative and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must be able to handle a fast paced work environment while juggling several different tasks at the same time. Excellent organizational, communications, and multi-tasking skills are musts.
- Three years of working experience as a product manager in a technical environment
- Data savviness and fluency, capability to comfortably engage in discussions about data modelling and data architectures
- Ability to query large datasets, inferring insights and quickly prototyping solutions
- Strong analytical skills and independent, entrepreneurial approach
- Understanding of web technologies, databases and APIs
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal are an absolute must
Nice to have:
- Statistical analysis and mathematical experience is welcome
- Previous experience with any of the following: Hasura, GraphQL, Cloud-based data warehousing solutions, Kafka
- Previous experience with Salesforce projects
- Experience with software development and data processing in particular
- Experience with defining technical specifications describing requirements for data transfer, transformation and storage, with attention to big data topics,
- Ability to understand and challenge architectural decisions
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across Germany
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Who we are
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
If you are looking to accelerate your cloud computing career within a dynamic and multicultural company, this role could be for you!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
The candidate must be a German citizen or have a valid work permit in Germany.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.
Location: München, Bayern
Job date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 23:46:03 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net