Job title: Tech Lead – iOS/tvOS
Job description: Tech Lead – iOS/tvOS
Budapest · Full-time · Senior
About the Team
Accedo is a great place to work – it’s as simple as that. We are all about diversity and inclusion. We have Musicians, Skiers, Video Game Heroes, Fussbal Champions, Chefs, Wine Connoisseurs and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find a friend here and you can bring your friends along!
We are also passionate about technology and building fantastic software products. We are experts and leaders in the realm of video streaming. It’s no coincidence that some of our customers are giants like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Our mission is to innovate continuously and to disrupt the industry by creating a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. Accedo One, our t is a testament to Accedo’s expertise and leadership worldwide.
To continue to excel, we are growing our team with multiple openings! We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team in Budapest. (Did we say we have offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Budapest, London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others?) You will be called a Tech lead and as such you will be responsible for taking architectural decisions and developing features to the iOS and tvOS application of Accedo One. You will also have the opportunity to apply your leadership skills in leading and educating the client engineering team, as well in maintaining platform alignment among the rest of the tech teams. And if you do not like admin, don’t worry, this role doesn’t come with line management responsibilities – you will be able to focus solely on the cool tech stuff and leave the admin to someone else.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Private health insurance
- Yearly training budget – which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings
- AYCM or public transport pass
- Nice, spacious downtown office near Astoria
- Flexible home office options (past Covid-19 too!)
- Opportunity to participate in Hackathons and a range of company events
What You Will Do
- Create a scalable and extensible, modular iOS and tvOS application
- Collaborate with the cross-disciplined product team to build a high quality user experience
- Lead architectural decisions and strive to constantly improve the existing codebase
- Perform code reviews to drive the team’s performance to the highest standards
- Ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code in Swift that reaches millions of users
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in building iOS apps using Swift and/or Objective-C
- Ability to develop against a variety of remote services and systems (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method
- Strong experience and knowledge of design and architectural patterns
- Strong communication skills and knowing when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Experience with leading tech teams and mentoring junior developers is considered a big plus
- Due to Covid-19 and the associated impossibility for relocations, for now we can only accept applicants who hold a valid work permit or are eligible to work in Hungary
Don’t ignore this opportunity. Most likely you are happy right now. But shouldn’t you always be happier? Come in and check us out. Don’t be scared of change. Don’t worry about your current employer – sometimes you need to move on, and we encourage this as well. We have amazing alumni at Google, Spotify, AWS and more. By the way – they still love Accedo!
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net