Job title: Teachers in Philosophy (1.5-2.0 FTE)
Company: University of Groningen
Job description: Job description
The Faculty of Philosophy is looking for teachers (1.5-2.0 FTE) in total, distributed over positions of 0.2-0.6 FTE with expertise in philosophy, including ethics, history of philosophy, social and political philosophy, and theoretical philosophy. Successful candidates will be expected to teach at both BA and MA level; tasks include thesis supervision, seminar teaching, training in philosophical skills, and assessment. It is important that candidates can appeal to a broad range of philosophy students, as well as students from a variety of other academic backgrounds. For information about the Faculty and the departments and their members, see
- Strong teaching record, appropriate to career stage, or strong affinitiy with teaching
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; knowledge of Dutch is highly preferable but not strictly required
- Iintellectual drive, enthusiasm and open-mindedness
- A PhD in philosophy, or at least a completed PhD manuscript.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: 12 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- A salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,790 to a maximum of € 4,402 gross (salary scale 10) for a full-time position
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Participation in a pension scheme for employees. A fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs (the 30% facility) may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this.
The positions are fixed-term (not tenure-track) for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Starting date: 1 September 2021
Faculty of Philosophy
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 36,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
The Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Groningen is a vibrant, international community of excellent researchers and teachers. It consistently receives the highest evaluations both for research and for teaching among philosophy departments in The Netherlands. The Faculty has three departments: History of Philosophy, Theoretical Philosophy, and Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy.
Prof. B. Streumer, Chair of the search committee
Location: Groningen, Groningen
Job date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 22:19:52 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net