Job title: Teacher, Japanese Grade 1
Company: Japanese School Association In Stockholm, Jsa
Job description: #jobbjustnu
Position: Japanese School Teacher
Reports to: School Principal
About JAPANESE SCHOOL ASSOCIATION IN STOCKHOLM, JSA
JAPANESE SCHOOL ASSOCIATION IN STOCKHOLM, JSA is a truly Japanese non-profit private school organized and managed by the parental management committee and supported by Japanska Föreningen i Stockholm, Japanese Businessmen’s Club (JBC) and Japanese government. JSA was established in 1974 and this year we currently have 150 students and 13 teachers.
JSA offers a high standard of Japanese education from grade 1 to grade 9 where students feel like being at Japanese school in Japan and learn Japanese and Mathematics in Japanese. The actual schooling takes place on Saturdays between 9-14. Moreover they don’t miss out experiencing traditional school events and cultures, like Undokai and Mochi Tsuki.
At JSA we are committed to provide supplementary education which means learning at home comes first and JSA comes after.
Curriculum is based on Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan but we focus not only teaching Japanese and Mathematics but also providing students with a chance to experience custom and culture of Japanese school.It is very intensive as one school week is compressed in to one day.
We are accredited by Japanese Ministry of Education and we do not follow the Swedish curriculum (LgR11).
We are looking for teachers who are willing to work at least throughout a school year with us.
Must have a work permit in Sweden/EU, or a permit which is eligible to work in Sweden
- Eager to learn with students, highly motivated and enthusiastic to teach students.
- Fully aware of the importance of education, the role and responsibilities as a teacher.
- Ability to well prepare for classes, maintain classes confidently, follow up closely with students and parents.
- Strong mindset and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills to work closely with students and parents, open minded and establish a relation with students from diverse cultures.
- Good understanding about the distinctiveness of the school and willing to contribute to school development with the parental management committee.
You are not required to have but it is beneficial if you have:
- Certified teaching credentials in Japan. (Elementary school or junior high school license: any subjects)
- Teaching experience in Japan or international teaching experience.
- Basic Teaching hours every Saturday from 8:30 to 14:30
- School days in total 36 days (35 days / year and athletic event) and teacher’s meeting (40 hours/year)
- Part-time position with yearly contract.
- Starting beginning of April, 2021
1. Submit CV in Japanese. Please attach the copy of teacher’s license if you have.
2. After the 1st selection process, we will invite you to an interview. This interview will be held with the school principal.
3. After the 2nd selection process, we will invite you to another interview. This interview will be held with school principal and committee members.
We only accept applications and inquires in Japanese.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Please send your CV in Japanese to
Enskilda Gymnasiet, Tegnérlunden 5 111 61 STOCKHOLM
JAPANESE SCHOOL ASSOCIATION IN STOCKHOLM, JSA
118 54 Stockholm
E-mail: (only in Japanese)
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net