Job title: Support Services Assistant
Job description: Background Information – Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners‘ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organisations. With over 6,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
The Austria Multi-Country Office (AUMCO) was set up in August 2019 as a part of the UNOPS Europe & Central Asia Region (ECR). Specifically, AUMCO aims to enable achievement of Agenda 2030 and the Paris Agreement through global programmes and tailored interventions in the Balkans, South Caucasus, and Central Asia, focused on:
- Project Management (full service, back on track)
- HR and Transactional Services
- Grant Management
- Technical and Advisory Services
Under the direct supervision of the Support Services Manager and/or Project Manager and under the overall guidance from the Head of Support Services, Support Services Assistant manages and ensures the provision of efficient administrative, logistical and procurement support services to the office and projects. In the discharge of her/his duties, the Support Services Assistant liaises with UNOPS programme support colleagues in order to ensure consistent service delivery for the office/programme. The Support Services Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
Ensures provision of reliable administrative, logistics and asset management support, namely:
- Support with arrangement of meetings, correspondence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Filing of all incoming and outgoing official letters.
- Organization of official office and projects events in Austria and outside of the country.
- Arrangement of local and international travel of office and projects personnel.
- Arrangement of obtaining the entry visa to Austria and residency permit for office and projects personnel and visitors as well as other protocol related activities.
- Follow up on timely payment of travel expenses to the personnel and visitors.
- Follow up on payment of reimbursement to project personnel for use of mobile services and other expenses.
- Appropriate maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and property.
- Preparing accurate inventory lists and adequate property records for the office as well as for projects.
- Careful monitoring of the movement of equipment into and within the area of responsibility.
- Assistance with other logistical and administrative matters.
- Administering the receipt of goods and equipment for the office, inspection and report preparation.
- Filing of administrative, logistics documents in line with the policy.
Ensure provision of procurement and grants support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Regular update of the corporate procurement plans based on inputs from supervisor or Project Managers.
- Processing of supply requisitions, purchase orders, grant support agreements and project cooperation agreements.
- Procurement of goods and services for the project including supplier sourcing, solicitation, evaluation, contract management and supplier performance evaluation.
- Administering the receipt of goods and services for the project.
- Payment to the suppliers and partners.
- Filing of procurement and grants related documents in line with policy.
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the relevant training events for the programme, operations and projects personnel.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks
- Completion of secondary school is required in combination with 4 years of relevant experience. or
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- In the absence of a University degree, administrative certification is an asset.
- Administrative/operational experience in administration is required (minimum number of years as per the Education requirements).
- Experience working with Austrian authorities including on protocol related matters is a strong asset.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Experience working in GSuite is an asset.
- Experience working with Enterprise Risk Management (ERP) systems is an asset.
- Experience in UN system organizations is desirable, experience in UNOPS is an asset.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Full working knowledge of German is desirable.
- Knowledge of a second UN language is an asset.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net