Job title: Sr. Manager, Sales
Job description: OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
We are looking for a high-energy, driven Sr. Manager Sales with solid technology B2B sales experience. Reporting into the VP of Sales EMEA & APAC, the selected candidate will lead and manage the regional sales organization for the SMBC Sales team. Accountable for growing this software business and achieving region revenue, bookings, gross margin, market penetration, installed base retention, and cost control objectives.
- Drives and supports BU business models, go-to-market strategies, and sales/marketing initiatives for regional effectiveness.
- Ensures optimal and increased account coverage through direct and partner sales resources.
- Develops and grows sales people and management to ensure maximum productivity and to ensure qualified sales talent base that is ready and able to support future growth.
- Supports sales leadership and front-line sales in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities.
- Sales Team Management
- Developing the Sales team through coaching, feedback and personal development. Monitoring and reviewing their individual performance and ensuring feedback is provided in a fair and timely manner to permit further growth;
- Motivate and inspire the Sales team to not just achieve targets but to actively exceed them;
- Ensure that members of the Sales Team have clear objectives and targets so that there is clear communication and understanding of what is required of them;
- Take timely action where underperformance is evident by ensuring Performance Improvement Plans are implemented and additional training and support is provided to address the concern.
- Overseeing the Direct/Channel Sales process, ensuring that the required resources are focused and aligned to the core Key Performance Indicators and strategy;
- Be the Voice of regional sales team.
- Communicate and collaborate with Finance, Support, Operations, Product Management and OT Senior Management on all Sales related issues for EMEA.
- Sales Operations
- Ensure that all Sales Opportunities are entered, tracked and worked within Salesforce.com and that all notes are to a high quality standard at all times;
- Development of the Sales Reporting from Salesforce so that there is accurate and clear reporting at all times of the opportunities for EMEA;
- Develop and implement continuous process improvement to ensure customer satisfaction and company efficiency is maintained at a high standard;
- Providing and developing sales forecasting models for the region and ensuring that performance is tracked against the submitted quarterly forecast. Regular communication of the performance vs forecast is required at all times.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years‘ experience in a Management role preferably in the software industry
- 5+ years B2B sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing team while working independently and taking initiative
- Proven track record of quota over-achievement
- Demonstrated success with new business development / account penetration
- Relationship management expertise with proven ability to retain and grow accounts
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Experience selling across EMEA preferred
- Security sales experience desired
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: , and
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
Our growing team is mapping the future of Information Management, and we continue to make new discoveries that expand its boundaries. Join us and be part of a winning team, where the opportunities for your career are limitless.
From its innovative start as a research project by University of Waterloo professors in 1991, OpenText has grown into a global company with offices in more than 35 countries. Our high- performance culture has forged our growth and is an excellent fit for people looking to push themselves to learn and do more.
It’s our time to lead, and as part of our team, it will be your time too. Our continued growth will provide you the opportunity to explore, learn and chart an exciting career path while enjoying a good work-life balance.
If you thrive in a dynamic work environment, there is always a new horizon to explore. We are proud to offer excellent benefits, challenging work and competitive financial rewards.
Our employee programs prioritize employees’ well-being and that of their families. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, education assistance, a wellness/fitness reimbursement and time off to volunteer.
With offices around the world and flexible work arrangements, OpenText strives to make sure all our employees feel connected. Teamwork extends to our social lives too from local social events to company-wide activities, we want our employees to take time to relax and have fun.
Corporate Citizenship is more than a program for us, it is engrained in our purpose, impact, and approach to doing business. Through numerous volunteer initiatives, we support education and innovation for global change.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net