Job title: SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN – SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Company: Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC)
Job description: The Josep Carreras Research Institute is looking for a Software developer (Specialist Technician) who supports the Bioinformatics Unit by developing and maintaining the IT architecture and tools for the integration of clinical and molecular data available in the institute with other platforms and researchers.
The Bioinformatics Unit at IJC provides both IJC and external researchers with high-quality computational analysis services covering all the project aspects related to clinical and biological data. This includes experimental design for NGS or microarray experiments, statistical consulting, NGS and microarray data analysis and integration, scientific database management and software design and implementation. We also provide training on different bioinformatics topics as well as usage of HPC (high-performance computing) resources.
What we need
- Degree in software engineering/ development or computer science
- Experience in web development, e.g. front-end and back-end frameworks Laravel, Angular, React or Vue
- Knowledge of Node.js/Express, Java Servlet.
- Experience in database design and implementation (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Knowledge of R language
- Familiarity with software control version
- English level: upper-intermediate.
- High level of motivation
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Proactive and team worker.
- Interest in biological data is a plus
- Develop and maintain the unit’s data management system
- Develop and maintain web applications for data visualization and data integration.
- Develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines.
- Automatize data integration across databases and platforms.
- Interact with researchers and bioinformaticians
What we offer
- Permanent position: This is a permanent position. A permanent contract will be signed if some of the assumptions established in the 2018 General State Budget are fulfilled. If they are not, the position will be covered by a temporary contract until the legal and financial measures established by the General Budget of the Government of Catalonia and the basic rules of the General State Budget permit a new call to cover this vacancy with a permanent contract.
- Full time
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to including the reference: ST_AM_47.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by June 30th, 2021.
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukemias and other malignant hematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukemias will be curable.
For further information, please, visit our webpage: and the Josep Carreras nonprofit organization: .
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Badalona, Barcelona
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 06:13:02 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net