Job title: Spa Public Area Stylist
Company: W Hotels
Job description: Spa Public Area Stylist
Split across two unique buildings, a former telephone exchange and a bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary style. Mixing historical Dutch architectural elements with cutting-edge design right next to Dam Square, W Amsterdam is at the epicenter of this energetic and forward-thinking city. We offer innovative design and luxury in our 238 stylish guest rooms, including 23 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites. Our guests can indulge in one of our destination restaurants THE DUCHESS and MR PORTER and taste signature sips at our rooftop W Lounge overlooking the Royal Palace and the city lights, including WET Deck the iconic rooftop pool. We offer exclusive access to a vibrant nightlife, dining, shopping and fashion scene with our signature Whatever/Whenever® service, our in-the-know W Insiders and our W Happenings.
W Hotels does not recruit, we cast Talent. W Amsterdam, located at Spuistraat 175 is casting a Spa Public Area Stylist. You will be joining the Spa Team and working in the award winning Away Spa.
The Away Spa is an escape within an escape, where the whirlwind of AWAY® means a disappearing act from the everyday into an insider scene of surprising sensations. Here our guests find their balance, boost their stamina and push themselves at FIT: an energy-charged fitness space in the Bank building.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- You are part of a bigger team, and the entire team is responsible for making the guests dream come true.
- Being in the know: you are the expert when it comes to our Away Spa and hotel facilities.
- Ensure you are following service standards and operating procedures from the beginning to the end of each process. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Showing guests our Whatever/Whenever service while they are with us, and connect with them to be able to personalize that service, creating memorable experiences.
- You will be on rotating shifts. Weekends are busiest, as well as evenings, so expect to be on shift then.
- Ensuring you are well prepared for the shift ahead of you, as well as your colleagues after you. Mise en Place will be your life saver.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, under pressure. Gotta love it.
- We are ALL-IN, and have more teams that we cooperate with . We expect you to be flexible to work with other departments. You’re not the only one on stage.You act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Style, Spa, Engineering, Welcome Desk, and Laundry.
- Communicating with your team and other departments is key. Couldn’t live without them.
- Ensuring all Away Spa Public Areas are always sparkling.
- Host the guest through the Spa journey with full knowledge of all areas and functions of all facilities.
- Be at the guests call and always maintain a presence on the floor of WET and the Lounge area at all times.
- Take drink and food orders from the guest from the spa menu.
- Reporting any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries;
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, make eye contact, and use the guest’s name when possible
- Ensure correct usage of machinery and cleaning supplies.
- Make sure you put the guests at the center of everything we do. Any task that is not mentioned in this list but that may create an unforgettable experience for our guests is on your to do list.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the same or similar role
- Fluency in English
- Dutch and any other language is appreciated
- Experience in the Luxury Segment is an advantage
- Work Permit for The Netherlands is required.
Show the world what you got by joining a global community of talent who see the world in a different way. Bring your style and your spirit: We’ll bring a work culture where you can shine. We work hard, we play hard, and we want to inspire you to grow. W talent help our guests live life to the fullest while living their dreams.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 22:50:51 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net