Job title: Solutions Consultant
Job description: There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are looking for an elite Solutions Consultant to be part of a team that is responsible for the technical deployments of Snowflake at our customers.
The SC will work directly with customers and with customer system integrators to deploy Snowflake. Seeking a self-starter and used to a fast-paced, fun, ambitious environment and comfortable with dealing with ambiguity.
This person must also have a passion to solve unique world-changing technology problems. The SolutionsConsultant will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make Snowflake’s customers successful.
This person will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. He/she will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion about reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Snowflake and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for Snowflake, System Integrators and customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad variety of people both inside and outside the company.
As a Solutions Consultant at Snowflake, you will:
- Be a technical guide on all aspects of Snowflake
- Deploy Snowflake following best practices, including ensuring knowledge transfer so that customers are properly enabled and are able to extend the capabilities of Snowflake on their own
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices on Snowflake technology
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them
- Work with System Integrator consultants at a deep technical level to successfully position and deploy Snowflake in customer environments
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Support other members of the Professional Services team develop their expertise
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing.
Our ideal Solutions Consultant will have
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or
experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
Bonus Points for Having
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Shown success at enterprise software.
Why join our Professional Services team at Snowflake:
- Unique opportunity to work on a truly disruptive software product
- Get unique, hands-on experience with bleeding edge data warehouse technology
- Develop, lead and execute an industry-changing initiative
- Learn from the best! Join a dedicated, experienced team of experts.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
Drop files here
Have you worked at Snowflake in the past in a Full-time, Part-time, contractor or Intern capacity? *
Are you legally authorized to work in the country to which you are applying? *
Will you require sponsorship to continue or extend your current work authorization status, either now or in the future (Example – including but not limited to: H-1B, H-1B Cap, F-1 STEM/OPT, Advance Parole EAD extension, I-485J, local permit, etc.)? *
If you are NOT a citizen, lawful permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States or a „protected individual“ (e.g. an asylee or refugee) under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, then is your home country Cuba, Iran, North Korea, or Syria? *
Where have you most recently worked? *
Due to SEC auditor independence requirements, please let us know whether you have previously worked at, or if currently working at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), who is our independent auditor. *
Point of Data Transfer *
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Snowflake. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Snowflake’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Snowflake, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Snowflake will share your personal data with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Snowflake to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Snowflake’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site and such transfer will be subject to appropriate safeguards under standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Union Commission and/or the Privacy Shield framework. Further information about how Snowflake processes your personal data can be found in our Privacy Notice (the term “privacy notice” to be a link to our privacy notice located at ). Your personal data will be retained by Snowflake as long as we determine it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. You have the right to data portability, to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. Such requests can be made by contacting us at
Job date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 03:46:52 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net