Job title: Software Engineer, Product Care
Company: Cellavision AB
Job description: Do you want to work for a company that combines cool tech and amazing colleagues? Are you the Sherlock Holmes of problem-solving, and are looking for new opportunities for professional development? Keep on reading!
About the Position
As a Software Engineer in Product care at CellaVision, you will be an important part of a growing team. The team specializes in doing detective work to uncover the causes of mysterious bugs, identify problems in the customer IT environment, and improve the performance of our product. This position offers a unique opportunity to bridge the gap between the product as it was envisioned during development and the customer experience when the product is used.
This is a broad role that will allow you to benefit from your social ability and your problem-solving skills as well as your technical interest and knowledge. In short, at Product Care, you will get to peek behind the curtain in all parts of our software!
What We Can Offer You
– Software development in C++ and C#/.NET. Further development and maintenance of our existing applications as well as developing new applications. Store Data in SQL database manipulated by a database service and then presented to the user in the GUI.
– Bug hunts and code optimizations and problem-solving. For example: a customer with an unusual workflow has complained that certain database commands in the software take a long time to execute. What makes the customer’s workflow different? How can the database commands be optimized? Or: After moving to a new database server, the customer experiences issues with connecting remotely to the database from some workstations, but not others. What is the underlying cause?
– Troubleshooting problems in the customer’s IT environment. Knowledge sharing within the team and participating in code reviews; looking at the code together allows us to grow and get better through sharing opinions coming up with the best solutions to solve problems.
– Requirement specification writes design descriptions and various reports. Design of test cases and hands-on testing. We document why the problem occurred, what we’re doing to prevent it from happening again, and a series of tests to verify that the problem has in fact been solved. Reading and deciphering reports from the field to discover what the problem is.
– Learn new things but also delve into some long-forgotten secrets of coding, such as MFC.
The Good Stuff
– Work to develop products that not only improve patient value worldwide but also contribute to reduced environmental impact through more efficient workflows in and between laboratories.
– Contribute to our corporate social responsibility by signing up for one of our mentor programs, school partnerships, youth projects, or why not pitch us your idea for a new sponsorship?
– A friendly and open company culture with supporting leaders and engaged colleagues
– Modern office to boost cooperation as well as the ability to work undisturbed, and with no less than four coffee machines
– Work-life balance
– Wellness grant
– Great deal for private mobile use
– A locked room in the building for your precious bicycle
– Access to the gym
– Free start in Lundaloppet
– Opportunity to share your favorite interest, if you want, with your co-workers (why not join the Cella-choir or office running team?)
– Collective agreements, ITP-pension, parental leave supplement, reduction of work hours etc.
– Extensive onboarding package for new employees including a visit to the lab to see our products live, an assigned mentor, and your favorite candy sitting on your desk the day you start 😊
Who You Are
– You have a university degree (or you are close to graduation) in Engineering, Computer Science, Information and Communication, or a related field.
– You feel enthusiastic about developing and maintaining Windows applications in C++ and/or C#.
– You are passionate about hunting bugs and solving problems that affect our users.
– If you also have experience or a strong interest in network environments, virtualization technology, or servers – then you are our dream candidate!
At CellaVision, we find that giving our co-workers both a lot of freedom but also a lot of responsibility when it comes to finding and solving problems, is a winning combo. Therefore, we believe you have an analytical approach and find new angles when solving problems. You are self-driven and have a natural drive to carry your work through regardless of obstacles. The Product Care team has a close collaboration with most other departments, so your ability to cooperate is something we value highly. We also believe you are a meticulous, yet creative person who is passionate about presenting high-quality work. Finally, you enjoy a friendly environment where innovation and daily laughter with colleagues go hand in hand!
Are You Ready To Make a Difference?
Join CellaVision, put your engineering skills to greater use and help us contribute to lab efficiency and improved patient care worldwide. We need your expertise to do the job!
Apply for this job by filling in the application form and attach your CV/personal letter. Please prepare to have your documents, such as certificates, credentials, and recommendations, for a potential interview. We review applications continuously, so please send us yours as soon as possible but no later than the 17th of March
To know more about the position contact Gunnar B. Hansen, Product Care Manager, at . Questions about the recruitment process are answered by Caroline Herrlander, HR Specialist, at . We do not accept applications via email.
Please note that you need a valid working permit in Sweden for this role.
We respectfully decline all contacts regarding additional channels, campaigns or recruitment support.
Location: Lund, Skåne
Job date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 23:35:29 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net