Job title: Software Engineer Backend – Java (Open to remote from France)
Job description: Company Description
BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 90 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer a long-distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and a long-distance bus service. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car — so we want to fill those seats too!
In 2019, 100 million travelers used BlaBlaCar globally, saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile, we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one, with 87% of members believing carpooling to be an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a unique international environment with a team counting 40 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 7 offices in Berlin, Kyiv, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo and Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate and fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
One of BlaBlaCar’s core ambitions is to build the largest people-powered travel network in the world. To achieve that goal, we set ourselves high and ambitious targets, bringing our platform to the heart of the product experience and company strategy.
By joining the Identity and Access Management team, you will be part of a team which today consists of 8 software engineers and 1 engineering manager responsible for providing secure services for the BlaBlaCar platform to manage user identity, authentication, and accounts, powering trust by ensuring the privacy, and safety of our member’s personal data.
You will take part in building the heart of our new technical platform moving from a monolith to a service-oriented architecture that allows us to manage millions of travelers‘ accounts.
The core of our stack is composed of Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra, MariaDB, Redis, Big Table, Docker, Kubernetes and GCP Cloud components while our monolith runs in PHP.
As a Software Engineer, your role is to lead the design and implementation of our solutions, making sure they are robust and scalable. You will also contribute to the development of the stack by developing features, helping us to build a cloud compatible architecture.
What you will directly contribute to
- Enabling members to connect safely to our platform building trust around identity & account management, enhancing data privacy and ensuring regulations pertaining to personal data are respected
- Participating in the definition of the features with the Product and Design teams to find the best solutions for our members
- Deep diving into our cloud-based infrastructure on GCP using most advanced features like fully automated, continuous rollouts etc..
- Participating in the definition of the architecture to find the best solutions to achieve high performance, reliability, and pursue the ongoing migration to a fully service-oriented architecture
- Operating services in production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
- Fostering a positive atmosphere around excellence and ambitious goals in your team
- Encouraging skills development of your fellow colleagues
- Producing documentation of tech decisions and code to allow smooth onboarding of newcomers on any given project
What you will need to be successful:
- Good knowledge of service-oriented architecture and architectural patterns
- Fluency in object oriented language development and eager to constantly learn new technologies
- Practical knowledge of Ops tools (monitoring, deployment, containers, linux…) and willingness to contribute in building a true DevOps environment
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our .
Your Future Benefits
Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
A fair & competitive salary package
Employee Stock Ownership plan
Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
Trainings & career development programs
Free carpooling & bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
a video-call with peers to discuss about your exercise
a 60-min video-call with an Engineering manager
a 45-min video-call with our VP Engineering
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:26:33 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net