Job title: Software Architect (m/f/d)
Company: Visual Meta
Job description: Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Software Architect (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Software Architect (m/f/d), you are responsible for a reliable and modern software architecture across several teams in the whole Engineering department. Based on your full picture of our infrastructure & architecture and your experience with software design patterns, you make recommendations regarding technologies and tools and have the chance to introduce best practices on existing components. You can help other teams to make the right decision based on your expertise and you are involved in their decision finding process. This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment by implementing cutting edge techniques to solve tough, yet unique problems.
Your challenges and tasks
- Actively seek ways to improve software processes and interactions
- Collaborate with members in multiple teams to determine best practices & requirements for software
- Coordinate & align different team developments in a common direction
- Evaluate technologies and build prototypes of their use cases
- Help and drive refactoring, splitting, optimizing and migrating existing components
- Strong experience working on large-scale software projects
- Proactive & independent working style and excellent communication skills
- Deep knowledge of web applications and distributed systems in an Java environment
- Knowledge in Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Services (AWS)
- Substantial experience in large IT infrastructures & architectures
- Analytical mindset with a “getting things done” & “can do” mentality
- Eager to learn new technologies and extend knowledge
- Highly motivated and love writing code
- Fluent in spoken and written English
What we offer
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Benefit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us, you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27+ vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Lascha Barbakadze is looking forward to your application!
We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 219 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your application / …
Please fill out the following …
Email * Something went wrong
Do you currently hold a working permission for Germany? (e.g. EU, Blue Card, Visa) *
If so, what kind? *
Language skills and level *
Available from *
Please upload your CV, cover letter and university certificates. Feel free to attach more information about you.
Job date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 02:28:38 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net