Job title: Software Analyst (Product Management)
Job description: Company Description
Veeam is a leading provider of backup and recovery software for virtual, physical and cloud environments.
Different Veeam departments take care of every phase of the solution life cycle: development and testing, implementation through an extensive partner network, and technical support in multiple languages.
Veeam builds products to meet complex backup and data management challenges. We work with VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV virtualization; Windows, Linux and Unix physical systems; Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle and SAP HANA servers; Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud public clouds; and many other technologies that form the core of modern IT.
The Product Management team is in constant communication with the outside world – customers and partners – keeping its finger on the pulse of the IT universe. Planning new features and defining a development plan are this team’s primary tasks, which is why their ability to spot and prioritize trends in the turbulent flow of IT is so essential.
We are now looking for Software Analyst (Product Management).
Overall, the job assumes that you will help to make the company’s products better and, thereby, the company’s customers happier.
Your tasks will include:
1. Learning our products
- Understand how things work and why something has been built to work the way it works.
2. Pinpointing unhappiness
- Find things that can be improved and make our customers even happier.
- Does not matter how you find the info, anything works – forums, communities, talks, colleagues, ex-colleagues, your own research.
- Come up with ideas of how to improve things.
- No need to reinvent the wheel. Look around for some existing solutions that could be revisited and redesigned. This might involve quite a lot of research in the adjacent areas.
- Create a high-level documentation describing the concept and run it through peer-review (PM, development, quality assurance).
5. Making it all move
- Make sure all parts of the team are pulling towards the same goal. Resolve arising questions, reassess design decisions, set priorities, make sure everybody understands use-cases and the cause.
- Keep doing so until the product takes off and everything what the product consists of is in place (web pages, support, technical documentation etc).
- Be in touch with other departments (engineers, salespeople, marketing guys) so that they fully understand what products they are working with. Review their documentation, answer their questions, attend internal and external events (trainings, conferences, meetups).
What we expect from you:
1. Education and experience
- Hands-on experience in IT (3-4 years as an admin, technical support engineer, or a similar role) is a must-have.
- Computer science/informatics/STEM/natural science degree is a plus.
- Previous experience in software analysis and/or product management is a plus.
- Work experience abroad is a plus.
An ideal candidate should have an affection towards non-Windows operating systems.
2. Technical knowledge
- Operating systems deployment and configuration (Windows and Linux are the bare minimum).
- IT infrastructure deployment and configuration (Active Directory, DNS, Networking etc.)
- Must have at least the basic knowledge of virtualization solutions (VMware, Hyper-V, AHV, KVM).
- Advanced internet research skills.
3. Other skills
- Give a simple explanation to a complicated question or a problem (aka “ELI5”)
- Strong software analysis skills, including installation and research of our partners‘ products in a lab, documentation analysis, 3rd party reviews and articles.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written communications.
- Fluent English is a must (written and spoken). You don’t have to have a certification – you must be able to efficiently express your thoughts in English.
4. You are…
- … a curious and resourceful person with analytical thinking and common-sense.
- … self-sustained and can set and accomplish goals on your own.
- … keen to try the new things and always keep your eye on what’s going on in the world.
- … an out-of-the-box thinker.
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people.
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises.
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium health insurance program for you and your children, additional payments for sick leave, English classes, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract, and many others.
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism.
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library.
- Work permit assistance.
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: one additional salary as a one-time payment (only within Czech Republic).
If the applicant is permanently present outside of the Czech Republic, Veeam reserves the right to refuse to consider the application for a job. Remote job during pandemic is only possible in case the employee is located in the Czech Republic.
Job date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 03:40:45 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net