Job title: Site EHS Specialist I Remote, Italy
Job description: Description
The Site EHS Specialist I will manage field personnel to ensure compliance with EHS policies, programs, procedures and legislative standards. Will communicate and contribute to the development of site-based programs, conduct onsite EHS audits and inspections, and provide recommendations for improving EHS performance and creating a NO HARM culture.
Will ensure all personnel and employees are informed of safe working procedures and practices so that they can fulfill their responsibilities and manage required compliance activities, including the implementation of in-country legislation and FC EHS requirements and standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, understand and maintain the OneEHS project plan. Provide support to communicate and manage all sections of the plan.
- Responsible for safety administration, risk management, EHS training, medical and security related issues that may impact personnel or overall site safety.
- Drive the implementation of FC standards and procedures at site
- Conduct “Tool Box” talks, safety meetings, orientations, and training to assure employees understand the hazards associated with the scope of work and maintain the records of the aforementioned.
- Support audits, incident investigations, and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of Near Miss and incidents to ensure safe work procedures are being followed in respect to Company policy, OHSA, EPA, DOT, and client/ company policy as well as applicable regulatory state and federal laws within specified area where work is being performed. Ensure Emergency Response capabilities are solidified and maintained.
- Participate in project planning meetings and Outage Readiness Reviews.
- Ensure deployment of EHS and Regulatory posters / information / notices.
- Develop and deliver project-specific site orientation training to all personnel under FieldCore control arriving at any point throughout the project to ensure that all site personnel and employees are informed of site safe working procedures and practices fulfill their responsibilities. Familiarize them with site EHS requirements, focus areas and any job specific hazards. Ensure that records of attendance are maintained.
- Review customers permit systems, including requirements for site posting of permits, LOTO, Hot Work, Confined Space procedures, and FieldCore Lift Plans
- Consult with Lead Field Engineer and Customer on any potential hazards such as Asbestos, Lead, Arsenic, and Hexavalent Chrome, which may impact the work scope.
- Complete the security plan (non-US group I & II country safety plans) and verify with Security Team.
- Provide classroom-based EHS training as required.
- Advise leadership of Site setup information in Gensuite
- Complete weekly site audits in computer based Gensuite program
- Manage required compliance activities, including the implementation of in-country legislation and FC EHS programs.
- Escalate accidents and incidents appropriately through company processes and procedures
- Investigate incidents or near miss events as necessary or required, including compilation and completion of any necessary documentation (Accident investigation or Near miss forms, Gensuite measurements submissions, etc.). Analyze root causes to determine safety measures to prevent future incidents and influence the implementation of corrective actions
- Conduct appropriate inspections and audits and ensure corrective actions are monitored and documented.
- Complete, document, and submit all required EHS reports and recordkeeping information.
- Ensure medical preparedness and that facilities are readily available for all employees. Ensure that records are properly maintained.
- Assist in Safety Risk Assessment development implementation as is necessary or required.
- Ensure the chemical management program is followed.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the EHS policy, local regulations and EHS FC programs.
- Serve as direct liaison with end customer at site in safety task planning with project scope of work, conducting site audits, equipment and PPE inspections.
- Communicate regular updates regarding injury and illness awareness and mitigating measures.
- Conduct internal audits and provide recommendations to improve audit performance.
- Establish good rapport with site personnel, other contractors and customers.
- Manage documentation related to EHS initiatives and ad hoc programs. (Safety stand downs)
- Conduct Hazard hunts to identify/eliminate hazards and reinforce No Harm culture
- Climb 80/100-meter towers (Wind)
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- Travel required
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Technical/University degree or qualifying experience in industrial Safety/Safety related field or experience equal to 5 years or more work experience and training in Safety or an industry related field OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an EHS or an industry related field
- Must have completed OSHA 30 Training
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent or working towards an Occupational Safety qualification.
- Knowledge of in-country safety regulatory requirements, familiar with OHSA regulations desirable.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of the risks involved in the maintenance of equipment in the power generation industry.
- Pass a required drug test and background investigation
- Proficient in English language
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare accurate reports containing findings and recommendations.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed while under pressure.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications and other Internet based reporting tools.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally with minimal notice.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website .
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
Job date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:15:43 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net