Job title: Shift Supervisor
Company: Beam Suntory
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Send me alerts every days
Send me alerts every days
Share this Job
Date: Feb 22, 2021
Location: St.Croix, VI, US
Company: Beam Suntory
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
The following position is open in Virgin Islands, Virgin Islands, U.S..
What makes this a great opportunity?
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
Supervise the team and operations of the Distillery and/or CMS Plant operations during the assigned shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and coach personnel on assigned shifts; complete payroll and performance tasks as assigned, assist with preparing schedules and managing assignments.
- Identify coaching opportunities and deliver discipline when necessary, deliver operational training to employees and assess employee’s competency. using data, reporting and metrics to help provide Best-In-Class Service meeting all targets.
- Establish strong communications and collaborate with the team, peers and managers while driving operational efficiency through resource planning, safety improvements, cost saving measures, employee engagement and workflow process improvement.
- Create synergies to allow seamless operation and maintenance of both facilities while adhering to all permit guidelines for continuous improvement projects.
- Support and drive all facility improvement initiatives within department. These initiatives may include safety improvements, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, ISO Systems, cost improvement projects, etc.
- Supervise team according to all Cruzan working rules and policies as well as those set out by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Lead the operators during their respective shift, acting as the management representative during off-hours, ensuring team members obey all safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Manage both areas of the plant CMS and Distillery; assist with documentation and implementation of operating procedures in both areas.
- Manage and monitor distillery processes while on shift including responding to and minimizing the impact of process upsets, recovery from electrical outages, coordinating cleaning of columns when required, and performing analysis pertinent to keeping product within quality specifications.
- Manage and monitor the CMS Plant operations from within the control room and adjust the process accordingly to ensure safe and efficient operations with focused attention on evaporator and reverse osmosis processes. Respond to and minimize process upsets. Manage start-ups and shutdowns for all equipment.
- Ensure that shift turnovers are completed effectively, communicating clearly with the incoming and outgoing shift; collaborate with other supervisors to ensure synchronized scheduling of fermentation, distillation, CMS production activities, molasses and CMS trucking, and shutdown and maintenance activities to maximize available resources as well as continuity from shift to shift.
- Ensure daily goals and targets related to safety, product quality, the economics and performance of the Distillery and CMS Plant are being met with the allocated resources.
- Oversee efficient operation of power and fuel systems utilizing appropriate fuel blends while maintaining efficient operation of the generators & the boilers
- Ensure all Maintenance issues are appropriately identified and prioritized for maintenance to address.
- Schedules workforce and activities to meet the daily objectives for safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Support the diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems, develops innovative solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis, when necessary, and ensures everyone is involved in the RCA process.
- Ensure the cleanliness, organization and good working order of all distillery and CMS Plant facilities and equipment.
- Interact positively with visitors to the Cruzan Rum Distillery including visitors to the tour program, corporate visitors, and VIPs.
- Fills in for the Operations Supervisor during his/her absence.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Process Technology or relevant Engineering or Science discipline and at least 8 years proven experience in Operations management, supervisory, lead or similar role or;
- High School diploma with a trade school certificate in a relevant field, with at least 10 years proven experience in Operations management, supervisory, lead or similar role.
- Five (5) or more years‘ experience in plant operating experience in rum distillation, steam generation/water treatment units, evaporation plants, refineries, chemical process plants, or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) or more years demonstrated supervisory experience (either in a supervisor or step up role)
- A working knowledge of Distillery Operations and Maintenance including a conceptual understanding of biology/chemistry as it relates to plant operations as well as environmental and water treatment programs and statutory regulations.
- Moderate computer skills to include spreadsheets, databases, and word-processing.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding P&ID drawings
- Must be familiar with process control operation (PLC, DCS, etc)
- Must be familiar with the requirements of maintaining ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSA 18001 standards.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, be willing to work flexible hours, and travel 25% of the time.
COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS
- Communication – Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills. Must be able to build rapport, constructive relations and communicate complex issues to management, supervisors, peers and direct reports clearly, concisely and accurately. Must be able to positively influence a diverse team and interact with general public / visitors in a positive, engaging, and assertive manner.
- Interpersonal & team leadership skills – builds rapport and constructive relations with individuals at all levels of the organization. Works with others in an approachable and receptive manner. Open to feedback and providing direction to ensure safety priorities are addressed. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Decision Making – Anticipates and handles challenging situations effectively, by analyzing problems from several different angles seeking several alternatives before determining the best solution. Ability to break projects and initiatives into actionable steps, assign responsibility and follow-up to ensure their timely completion.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong root-cause problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Customer Focus – committed to meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers
- Leadership and Team Skills – Ability to lead, plan, direct, motivate and influence others (internal and external) to ensure timely and effective completion of projects and assigned tasks. Makes good decisions based on sound criteria. Possess the initiative to drive for results that meet or exceed expectations, overcoming barriers when necessary and assume responsibility without being asked. Possess the ability to establish a respectful leadership persona to ensure delegated tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Results Orientation – demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and initiative; assumes responsibility without being asked; pushes self and others to achieve results; perseveres when faced with obstacles. Able to work through challenging situations effectively by analyzing and developing alternatives before determining the best solution. Ability to identify when plans are at risk and act or escalate accordingly in order to contain or correct issues.
- Must possess effective budgeting and performance management skills.
- Advanced Electrical and Mechanical knowledge.
- Computer literate in Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Computerized Maintenance Management Software.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Find similar jobs:
© 2019 Beam Suntory, Inc., Merchandise Mart, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60654. All Rights Reserved.
Job date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 03:22:02 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net