Job title: Senior UX Designer
Job description: Senior UX Designer
A Senior UX designer at funda knows UX design is not just about grey boxes and wireframing. It’s also about research, user interface and testing amongst other things. Together with researchers and developers you help to plan and carry out design activities lifting the user experience of searching for a dream home to the next level.
From improvements to the search experience to optimizing the way users stay up to date on new houses via the website and our apps, you know what works best for our users and will setup the experiments to prove it. But it doesn’t stop there – you will actively help shape the future of search on funda, to support a million of people looking for their new home every day. Sounds interesting? It is. Read on if you want to know more.
In this role you are expected to work in a scrum team as an independent designer who can manoeuvre well between existing teams. You bring your user-centred approach to the work to design and iterate on new and existing features for the funda platform.
You will carry out research using the most relevant methods and techniques to further your understanding of our users. Like no other, you understand why research is important and you know the ways in which you can use insights to help drive your design rationale and decisions. Understanding our customers behaviour and designing an experience that matches their goals, needs and expectations is worth its weight in gold – and our CEO feels the same way.
As a UX Designer, you work closely with your colleagues , and and the Head of Design, . Alongside the Design team you will work very closely with Hans, the Product Owner of Team Search, working to improve both the offering and the experience. Together, you work across the board on a variety of design projects: you will therefore be working with many more fundarians. You will also work closely with Angelika the Product Lead and Peter, our Chief Product Officer.
You are a strong team contributor who can use the appropriate approaches, tools and knowledge to ensure we are designing the right thing. You call on your years of experience, data and metrics, along with a healthy dose of intuition to deliver design work that helps us to test and learn with our existing user base.
Being critical and able to see the new is of importance so that you understand what we have now and where we can go in the future. An inquisitive, thoughtful and challenge-driven mind is what makes people at funda tick.
Apart from that, you meet the following requirements:
- You work and think like someone with a bachelor’s/master’s degree (in a design-related subject)
- 5+ years of experience of which 1-3 working at online marketplaces.
- You are fulltime (40 hrs per week) available
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates your strength in problem solving, product thinking and eye for detail
- You can clearly and confidently explain your design rationale and decisions by communicating verbally and written in clear and concise English. Having an understanding of Dutch is beneficial
- You show lots of initiative and ask a lot of questions because you are both analytical and critical; you consider and are aware of the outside world and interactions with marketplaces and platforms
- You can carry out research by defining questions, collecting and analysing data and interpreting the results; to develop recommendations and actions for design work
- You have experience with analytics and A/B and MVT testing and can setup and administer tests with confidence
- You can piece together feedback from stakeholders across the business and distinguish a clear way of working through it
- You are proficient in software, including Figma to create designs and screens.
This is what we offer
Funda offers you one of the most challenging jobs in your field. Whether you work in the office or from home, we’ll make sure that funda feels like home to you. On location, you and your colleagues work in the heart of Amsterdam in our own ‚funda square‘ with an unobstructed view of the IJ river. If you work from home, you’ll stay connected to your colleagues through Microsoft Teams, and we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need for your home office.
You’ll be working with more than 140 great (international) minds, who will make you feel welcome from the start. To us, it’s only logical to take good care of our talents, and therefore of you. If you come to work with us, we offer you:
- An excellent salary with an annual bonus scheme and 25 days off (you can buy more days if you need them)
- Flexible working hours
- Reimbursements for your telephone, home internet, travel expenses, gym and part of your pension
- Heavenly chair massages 6 times a year (at the office, during working hours)
- Chef-prepared fresh lunch every day (when you’re in the office), ranging from soups to salads, fresh bread rolls from the baker and a snack every Friday
- Dinners, team outings, drinks and a birthday present. And during lockdown periods, funda offers great virtual alternatives
- The opportunity to attend conferences and take courses and classes, because at funda, we believe that learning never stops. You can also get your creative juices flowing during our hackathons.
We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a telephone screening.
If you have passed the telephone screening, we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of 2 rounds of interviews.
To case or not to case
For this vacancy, after a successful first interview round, we will invite you to do a case.
Send an email to and we will contact you as soon as possible.
We take COVID-19 very seriously. Most funda employees are working from home. However, this does not stop us from striving for a swift and enjoyable recruitment process. Our procedures haven’t changed; they just happen virtually. Our recruiters will stay in touch with you, every step of the way.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, who do not need a work permit for the Netherlands.
We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 07:48:53 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net