Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Company: pal robotics
Job description: Company Description
PAL Robotics’ mission is to create disruptive service robots that enhance society’s quality of life and solve daily problems. Robotics can make a difference by collaborating with humans, providing support for domestic tasks and increasing efficiency in industrial workflows.
We develop customizable, tailor-made platforms and modular robotic parts that adjust to people’s needs. We design and manufacture highly integrated and reliable solutions for service industries and research institutions worldwide.
PAL Robotics started in 2004, when a small group of engineers built the first fully autonomous humanoid biped robot in Europe. With over 15 years of experience in R&D, today we are known for our humanoid and mobile robots used for research, logistics, retail and social applications for companies, institutions and labs.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers with strong knowledge in C++/Python software development as well as proven experience leading and mentoring software engineers to help improve their skills, efficiency and productivity.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will have the opportunity for end-to-end ownership of impactful product features from invention to design and implementation. As a leader on the team you will influence our strategy and drive best practices that enable a quality product. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s core applications and validation tools, and testing software and robotic platforms.
Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity robotics represents and is deeply passionate about working with great teams that deliver the highest quality services. You are naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid written and verbal communication skills.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then please apply today!
- have the opportunity for end-to-end ownership of impactful product features from invention to design and implementation
- influence our strategy and drive best practices that enable a quality product
- be responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s core applications and validation tools, testing software and robotic platforms.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience building production software systems
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Profound knowledge of the C++ programming language, as well as the more modern revisions of the standard
- Expert user of CMake, valgrind, gdb or similar tools
- Produce high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
- Experience with revision control systems (Git)
- Experience in developing for Linux OS (Ubuntu)
- Understanding of best practices: CI/CD, code review, unit testing, etc.
- Understanding and practical usage of architecture design patterns
- Strong knowledge of OOD / OOP/TDD software engineering practices/standards.
- Proactive team working attitude, with clear communication and mentoring skills
- Excellent Spoken and Written English
- Valid EU work permit
An Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Knowledge of ROS and ROS2
- Experience with real-time operating systems and robotic hardware
- Experience with Python and Bash
- Experience with performance measuring tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
- Master in Computer Science or equivalent.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid annual leave (26 labour days per year)
- The ability to attend world famous Robotics conferences, webinars, and other events that will enhance your professional skills;
- Regular corporate events and team building;
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits in kind
- Free coffee.
The company is located in Barcelona, Spain.
The contract is for a permanent position and the compensation package will be evaluated according to the relevant experience of the candidate.
Start date: immediate
If you’re interested, please apply using the link in this site, or submit your resume to recruit@ pal-robotics.com.
Please specify the job code JOB-2021-015 and job name in the email subject file.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net