Job title: Senior scientist with industrial background
Job description: Be part of something altogether life-changing
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist who is passionate about downstream processing of biomolecules to our Fast Trak team, a global organization that works to support the biopharma industry. The position will be part of the Fast Trak Europe team based out of Uppsala, Sweden. We are a dynamic team of ~10 scientists with great opportunities to develop and grow through a broad variety of process development projects as well as developing and delivering training courses supporting the European biopharma industry
What you’ll do
- As a senior scientist within Fast Trak you will be working directly with our customers in an agile and collaborative environment acting as subject matter expert and point of contact. You will be leading discussions, creating project proposals including scope, cost and experimental approach.
- You will lead and independently execute both small and more complex customer process development projects, including administrative and laboratory application work. Projects will have various scope and cover a wide variety of molecules such as monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, vaccines etc. Most application work is done in process development scale but your understanding and experience of large scale biomanufacturing will ensure that scalable solutions are implemented from the start.
- The role also includes leading development of new and existing training courses as well as delivering the same for customers, in the field of DSP biomanufacturing.
- To effectively perform the job, you will develop and nurture your internal network within the commercial and scientific teams while also securing a creative environment in the customer projects to support and identify successful solutions for their biomanufacturing processes.
Who you are
- MSc or PhD in biotechnology, bioprocess/biomedical engineering or related life sciences field
- At least 7 years experience in downstream process development of biomolecules, scale up, tech transfer or equivalent
- In depth experience and theoretical knowledge of various techniques used for downstream processing of biomolecules, especially chromatography and filtration and willingness to mentor more junior colleagues.
- In depth experience from various application areas such as mAbs, vaccines, recombinant proteins, plasma etc.
- Project management experience from leading and independently executing process development projects or similar
- Enjoy working in a flexible environment with abilities to work in a collaborative, matrixed, and customer focused environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills as well as advanced English skills (oral and writing)
- Work permit within EU
- You also have industrial experience in downstream processing of biomolecules or viral vectors and proven understanding of FDA/EMEA regulations for biologics (Phase I-II and commercial). Prior teaching and/or presentation experience with scientific material is also desirable.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available .
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net