Job title: Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
Job description: Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer that has previous experience of working across FEEDs, plus EPC projects. This is an opportunity for you to become a valuable, well-rounded member of an experienced team, with successful candidates taking responsibility for Rotating Equipment issues.
- Provide specialist engineering support to global projects in a major engineering contractor organization.
- Preparation of Equipment Technical Requisitions, such as Specification and Mechanical Data Sheets, for Enquiry.
- Technical evaluation / clarification of supplier bids, plus the technical reports and comparative tables to support order placement
- Preparation of Equipment Technical Requisition for order including mechanical data sheets.
- Review of Process Data Sheets and Supplier documentation for integration within Project design, such as GA / Details/Calculations/Fabrication Procedures
- Project technical support – familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc.
- Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface, review of Vendor documents plus the co-ordination of interfaces with other engineering disciplines
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant Degree qualifications, with at least 5 year’s related work experience.
- Extensive experience, primarily in EPC contracts, working with process pumps, process compressors, and other rotating equipment.
- Experience of pump and mechanical seals selection and performance characteristics.
- Additional experience of compressors, steam turbines, gas turbines and other process plant machinery would be an advantage
- Flexible attitude, with good written and verbal communication skills in English language
- Familiarity with the following codes: API (610 Pumps / API682/692 Seals / API617 & 618 Compressors / API 611 & 613 Turbines) ISO and ASME.
- Excellent command of Spanish and English languages
- Holding a valid permit to live and work in Madrid ( Spain ) is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Job date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 22:52:06 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net