Job title: Senior Risk Engineer for Engineering & Construction (E&C) (m/f/x)
Company: Swiss Re
Job description: About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
We are looking for an Engineering & Construction (E & C) senior risk engineer with the main mandate of building up and manage the E&C Risk Engineering Services team over the next years.
The main task is to build up a team that can service the E&C business on a global scale with our own engineers. This team is supported by an adequate pool of third-party vendors, tailored to the needs of CorSo’s global E&C customer base and aligned to our growth aspiration.
The roles includes providing risk engineering advice to our underwriters, helping with risk selection through desktop assessment and site visits and reports. Client servicing will also be an integral activity of the position.
The mandate would include:
- Introduce a standardized, high quality risk engineering service across CorSo’s entire E&C organization
- Establish a Centre of Competence for RES E&C
- Define best practices for Risk Engineering Services for E&C business
- Develop a risk assessment framework for E&C risks across market segmentation and industry types (integrated database with risk ranking scheme for engineering & construction risks)
- Establish systematic engineering construction loss data analysis using tech-based solutions to feed the risk assessment framework (iterative loop)
- Act as first point of contact for clients (assume role of Account Engineer for E&C clients)
- Provide risk engineering services to our Underwriters, including desktop assessments and site visit reports (both internal and external)
As an E&C engineer, an integral part of the position is advising our E&C underwriters on risk quality and loss estimates in order to achieve a preferable risk selection. This is done by reviewing, interpreting and summarizing third party technical risk information (desktop risk analysis). It also encompasses on-site risk inspections during the construction phases to verify our clients‘ risk mitigation approaches and to provide clients with risk improvement suggestions. In this role you will closely interact with underwriters and other internal clients.
About the Team
As a member of our global Risk Engineering Services (RES) team you will be our expert in the E&C business. This will allow you to contribute to various projects and papers involving best practices, guidelines, U/W tarification, technology and industry updates.
This role has global responsibilities, so you should be comfortable working in a truly international environment.
This opportunity is open to applicants in Zurich or London.
- Civil / chemical / mining / mechanical / electrical engineer, process engineer or equivalent education;
- Experience in managing a team of engineers
- Good knowledge of the Insurance E&C business
- European work permit
- At least 10 years‘ experience in the construction industry (design, project lead, site manager, commissioning, etc.);
- hands-on project experience on major infrastructure and industrial projects
- project management specific training (e.g. PMI)
- strong knowledge of project control tools (e.g. scheduling, cost, procurement)
- previous experience as insurance risk engineer at a broker or insurance company would be a plus;
- experience or strong interest in loss prevention topics (e.g. fire protection; technical risk management);
- sound knowledge of international loss prevention/fire protection standards (e.g. NFPA or equivalent);
- (re)insurance knowledge would be of advantage;
- proficiency level in English is a requirement – other language skills (e.g. Spanish) desirable;
- service oriented mindset;
- working in a small team – a good team player approach is paramount;
- good presentation skills;
- capacity to work under pressure, multi-tasking;
- high analytical capacity and focus on details;
- willingness to travel- worldwide
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers innovative insurance solutions for multi-national corporations around the globe. Backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re group, we assist more than 50,000 customers worldwide in mitigating their risk exposure. With a workforce of over
1,200 experts in more than 40 offices, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is a growing business unit within Swiss Re that is seeking entrepreneurial talent.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net