Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (F/H)
Job description: ITER is a unique, first of a kind project that aims to demonstrate the technical and scientific feasibility of fusion energy. Jacobs one of three partners making up the Consortium MOMENTUM (construction management-as-agent contractor) is project managing the construction and assembly of more than one million components in world’s largest fusion reactor. As construction management-as-agent contractor, MOMENTUM is managing the construction and assembly of the first full-scale test reactor to include balance of plant and the Tokomak itself. Join us and play a part in the international effort to make fusion a viable source of almost limitless, carbon-free energy.
Jacobs is recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor with more than 15 years of experience to work on the ITER Project near Aix-en-Provence, France.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Takes direction from and reports directly to the CMA Senior Manager and the Contract Management Team Leader
- Directly responsible for the quantitative survey of the activity of the contractors compared to the Procurement Contract,
- Produce to the Procurement and Contract Manager tangible elements in order to decide if contractor’s invoices can be accepted
- Produce to the Procurement and Contract Manager tangible elements in order to advice the variation claim management as the case may arise.
- To provide a focus on achieving the success of the project whilst at the same time respecting the commercial and business interests all the parties
Please note the job offer would be based on a local French contract – this would not be an expatriate assignment.
To non-European candidates, please note you will have to manage your work-permit procedure.
#HandiFriendly #ChallengingToday #ReinventingTomorrow
- International experience managing QS or contracts of construction equipment and materials in a large scale project environment
- Executed and management of At Risk work of considerable consequence
- Leadership of a multi-national joint venture(s) and cognizance of different cultural requirements
- Experience in the transition & transformation of an organisation to work and achieve collaboratively
5 years of QS or contract management and Major international experience of business * Fluent in English, with additional French preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with creative solution and problem solving skills
General skills :
- Ability to provide clear and concise direction
- Very organized and structured
- High sense of responsibility
- Multi-culturally aware
- Capability to understand and fulfil customer needs (that may be expressed either formally or informally) in order to obtain full client satisfaction, within a context that is contractually acceptable to the JV and to the Client and differents parties to the contracts
- Strong sense of situational awareness
- Performance driven
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net