Job title: Senior Product Safety Engineer
Company: General Electric
- Lead product safety risk assessments for new and existing (installed base equipment) units.
- Drive resolution of safety critical items by documenting investigation details and working with the management and turbine design teams to ensure completion of actions items. Quantify risk by performing quantitative risk modelling on complex systems to assess design safety risk
- Lead the design team to identify and assess risk mitigation measures
- Identify hazard mitigation of new / existing designs
- Perform risk assessments of safety critical systems and components
- Act as a focal point for product safety issues for a product segment, manage communication to executive segment leadership, and compile and track safety metrics.
- Assist root cause analysis for safety related concerns by working with cross-functional teams representing Fleet Support Engineering, Design Engineering, Regional Fleet Reliability Operations, EHS, Legal, Supplier Quality, Sourcing, and Chief Engineers Office
- Lead cross-functional Safety Program Management Teams across the business components to actively drive the execution of the GE Renewable Energy Product Safety process.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Product Safety methods and processes.
- Act as a mentor and coach to junior colleagues.
- This role requires advanced experience in Engineering/Technology & Product Safety.
- This role requires a knowledge level that is comparable to a technical Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- EU Work Permit
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net