Job title: Senior product manager, IoT software & wireless IoT modules
Job description: About u-blox
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. ( )
Our exciting opportunity
In product center Short range radio, we develop wireless products (modules, software, services) based on technologies like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and similar, enabling our customers to develop connected/IoT devices and put focus on their application. We have customers within several segments, e.g. medical, health/fitness, commercial buildings, smart cities, industry, automotive, home and consumer devices. Today’s products are hardware centric but with growing software content and also services, target is to give customers out-of-the box connectivity solutions as well as providing complementing and differentiating functionalities. We are on a strategic journey and are looking for a senior product manager to take lead of our IoT software product strategy as well as for some of our products. You will drive the product center’s software product strategy in alignment with other parts of the company and you will be essential in making the strategy happen, working close with our R&D teams as well as with marketing & sales. To get full end-to-end aspect you will also be product manager for related application boards, reference designs and some of our wireless IoT modules, these are currently the carriers of our IoT software to the customers. You will work in an innovative team with product managers and product marketing managers, have a lot of interaction with other parts of the company as well as customers and eco-system partners, all in a fully international environment.
- Drive the product center’s vision and strategy for the software and services area
- Define roadmaps and products – software products, services, reference designs, application boards, wireless IoT modules
- Create commercial offerings including business plans, business models, pricing aspects etc.
- Work close with R&D during development to share vision, definitions, requirements, guide and prioritize
- Establish good understanding of market trends as well as competitive landscape
- As product manager – drive the product life-cycle for products in our portfolio
- Marketing of roadmaps and products towards the sales regions, market, customers and distributors
- Work close with sales and marketing teams to secure key opportunities, design-ins, lead customers
- Work with key suppliers and partners and grow our eco-system as needed
- Develop marketing tools, launch- and go-to-market plans – presentations, demos, videos, web content, press releases, partly by yourself and partly together with our marketing experts
To be successful in the role
- You have a Master of Science in electrical engineering, computer science or similar
- Worked with product management of technical products (hardware and software) for several years (7+), or leading roles in R&D with understanding and interest in product management
- Understanding of product management and development processes/methodologies
- Have a visionary and strategic mindset and the capability to transform this into reality
- Interest and experience in technology as well as commercial and business aspects
- Experience from IoT software, cloud and potentially SaaS, technical but also commercial (e.g. business models, licensing etc.), is an advantage
- Experience from wireless electronics, is a very valuable advantage
- A good communicator, storytelling and being visionary as well as getting the more detailed parts covered and correct
- Good at relationship building and networking, used to work in multi-geographical, -cultural, -disciplinary organizations.
- As a person you are self-motivated, well organized can deal with overall strategic topics as well as detailed technical questions, and you take initiative and responsibility in your work area
- Proficient in English
- Readiness to travel up to 20-30%, varying over time (post-pandemic of course)
- Swedish citizen or holder of a valid work permit for Sweden
- Competitive compensation package and social benefits
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- A start-up and innovation mindset in a mid-size company setting
- Nice central location in modern premises near Dockan in Malmö, Västra Hamnen
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching !
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Applications Close Date
Contact Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
Job date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 07:15:01 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net