Job title: Senior Mechanical Development Engineer – Piston Development (m/f/d)
Company: INNIO Jenbacher
Job description: Senior Mechanical Development Engineer – Piston Development (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Engine Development Team. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development Power Cylinder systems and components fit for the demands of highly-stressed industrial Reciprocating Engines.
What INNIO offers you:
- An innovative and international working environment
- Flexible working time model (depending on position and role)
- Health We Care Program – including company sport activities
- Moving cost support for new employees in accordance with policy
- Good connections to public transport – station in direct proximity
- Transportation cost support in accordance with policy
- One of the best canteens in the area with healthy and various meals
- Attractive location in the heart of the alps which provides various outdoor sport and other leisure possibilities
- Working closely with other functions, lead end-to-end development of major Power Cylinder projects, from concept layout through to series production implementation.
- Lead the on-time execution of multiple simultaneous projects in line with the DFSS & DFR principles, utilizing requirements management tools and effective DFMEA’s to guide system developments and to drive the Design Validation Plans & Reporting (DVP&R) in line with the customer and product requirements.
- Utilize Design of Experiments (DoE) to prepare and execute validation activities identified in the DVP&R, utilizing the full suite of on-site test facilities available (Component rigs, Single- & Multi-Cylinder engine tests, and inspection equipment) as well as targeted field testing.
- Lead communications with both the internal manufacturing facilities and sourcing departments, external suppliers, and project management to ensure efficient project execution.
- Drive the technical investigation and resolution of Fleet Reliability and Production/Supplier Quality issues by providing technical guidance and leadership at the component and system level.
- Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or similar specialization.
- Detailed knowledge regarding the development and testing of reciprocating engines and their systems, with specialist knowledge and experience within at least one core engine development area (experience in powertrain components development is highly advantageous).
- Knowledge of quality systems (ISO), tools (DFMEA; DVP) and techniques (DFSS, DFR) and their implementation into development projects.
- You are comfortable in an international environment and have convincing oral and written communication skills in English (and preferably also German). Comfortable with presentation of detailed technical themes across a wide range of audiences.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid work permit for Austria as a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
The base pay is composed of the amount according to the Austrian collective agreement which is at least EUR 3.765,45 gross per month (x 14) and an overpayment depending on your qualifications and experience.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net